calla lily seed

anna_lisa(Quebec)April 1, 2006

Hi this year most of my cally lily seed came up i must have about one hundred a fifty. I hope to get different colors not just pink or white. I know it will take about 2 years to get any flowers. I don't understand why the price of cally lily are so much for one bulbs its 5 dollars too much for me Anna lisa

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
susanlynne48(OKC7a)

Well, you're in Canada, so I don't suppose you have an HD or Lowe's. That's where I got mine. I got several cultivars, like Flame (orangy-red), aethiopica (white species), pink, white with pink blush, yellow, purple, and peachy colored one. These were like 2 tubers for $3.00 in a package. I felt them all to make sure they were firm and not dessicated tubers. When I opened them to plant, they were all great tubers, and already sprouting.

Susan

Bookmark   April 3, 2006 at 7:58PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
anna_lisa(Quebec)

HI I'am looking for flame I had about 4 but I lost them with a virus last year. I have home depot here I will check them out. Last week i check about 8 garden centers and they just had pink and pale yellow and plum. I have plum but it did not turn out plum i did not like it at all. I hate it when the pk. say one color and when you plant it it come out another color.Anna lisa

Bookmark   April 3, 2006 at 9:08PM
More Discussions
Strategies for restoring variegation to M. del. albovariegata?
I hope the subject line wasn't too confusing. I had...
mark4321_gw
Zantedeschia aethiopica won't grow
Hi everyone! My very first post so excuse me for any...
Arico
Got my new Philodendron 'joepii' today!
I was so excited to get my new philodendron 'joepii'...
MonsteraMan
Aglaonema rescue
I just got this off the discount rack at Loews. It...
Sans2014
Anyone growing Philodendron pedatum?
I just recently purchased a juvenile Philodendron pedatum. It...
summersunlight
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™