Arisaema grifithii

bluebonsai101(6a PA)April 17, 2006

Well, these were not my biggest flowers of the standard Ar. griffithii, but I still love the classic netting look on the spathe!!

I just can not get enough of the griffithii group :o) Dan

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
handspeakboy(z7seattle)

Dan-

This is the standard form ? it looks soo cool! I did as you instructed with the Giant bulb you sent me. Put it in just damp potting soil. I checked it out yesterday and it is forming rootnubs, SO.. Im gonna put it into a nice big clay pot and keep a good eye on the dampness. There appears to be two large shoots on it, so who knows.. two flowers?

I cannot wait for this one to take off.

Chris

Bookmark   April 18, 2006 at 10:38AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bluebonsai101(6a PA)

Hi Chris, Just be gentle with the water until she is up above soil level....they need almost nothing to get going if it is in just barely moist mix...sounds like you are off to a good start...please do post a pic of this beuaty when she blooms!! The fundamental difference between the common form and the Pradhanii variant is both the size of the influorescence and the fact that Pradhanii has a much more distinct yellow netting on the outside of the spathe....hard to know what I am talking about if you do not see them side by side I suppose.....I've had several of each bloom, but did not take pics of the other....maybe whe the next few bloom :o) Dan

Bookmark   April 18, 2006 at 10:39PM
More Discussions
Strategies for restoring variegation to M. del. albovariegata?
I hope the subject line wasn't too confusing. I had...
mark4321_gw
New Amorphophallus seedlings for 2015
I just planted a batch of a titanum seedlings about...
stevelau1911
ID Colombian Aroid Please
Can anyone ID this?
pittercol
Amorphophallus titanum leaf cutting
I've had good success with this process (100% for 4...
johnsonm08
Alocasia 'Malaysian Monster'
Anyone know anything about this one? I see it listed...
coolplantsguy
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™