Central FLorida Farms

msbunny1(z7a TN)May 21, 2007

Has anyone here done business with this outfit?

Anyone have a phone number (their web site doesn't list one)?

I've sent in a total of three orders for Aroids, early this spring. I paid with Paypal each time. My Paypal history shows that the payments have been made.

I haven't received my plants, and the three times I've sent letters asking about the status of the orders, I get an auto-reply syaing they'll get back to me soon. Needless to say, they haven't.

I will probably post this on the vendor reviews forum, but since they are a specialty nursery, thought I'd post here first.

Gerry

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
greenelbows1(z9--so LA)

I haven't done business with them, but I thought 'they have aroids' hmm and googled them, and went right to the garden watchdog. Five entries with the same problem you have, and only one, from January of 2005, that was positive. Isn't paypal supposed to help you with this? I thought that was why they were worth having--protect both the customer and the seller from people who don't do right. I'd contact them. I've been fortunate myself and haven't had to, but I did understand they would help you. Let us know how this comes out!

Bookmark   May 21, 2007 at 11:53PM
bihai(zone 9)

I think you can just reverse/cancel your pay pal payment and get reimbursed if you haven't received your plants. You can also file a complaint with Pay Pal and they will do it for you...if the person still has a paypal account that has funds in it, or a credit card on file like they have to have, they will charge their credit card to repay you

Bookmark   May 22, 2007 at 7:02PM
msbunny1(z7a TN)

Thanks for the response. Alas, I learned about the Garden Watchdog *after* I had already sent the orders. I will contact Paypal, though.

Gerry

Bookmark   May 23, 2007 at 7:44AM
centalflfarmsvictim

Really Bad Site. There only to cheat people

Bookmark   August 3, 2007 at 10:20AM
xerophyte_nyc(7)

file a report with paypal, first they will try to contact the vendor, paypal gives them a week or so for a response, after which you will be refunded your money

central fl farms is a non-existent entity, but the web-site paypal link continues to be functional despite numerous complaints, i don't get it

Bookmark   August 3, 2007 at 7:49PM
msbunny1(z7a TN)

Thanks for reminding me to update.

I did file a claim. After two weeks, during which time there was no answer to the emails, I escalated and Paypal refunded my money.

Thanks to everyone here for the help.

Gerry

Bookmark   August 8, 2007 at 9:15AM
lexiblue_yahoo_com

I got took by them too. They are a scam company. I had a friend who lives 30 mins from their farm go by the address and guess what!?! It is a trailer/RV Park and motel...no Farm. They have been scamming people for three years now. The guy's uncle lives in the RV park. Here is a place you can get more info on these people. http://davesgarden.com/products/gwd/c/4947/

Bookmark   August 3, 2008 at 8:09PM
luvthebeachngators

They are scam artists! I've been taken by them too...they got my money and I got no plants. Don't waste your time feeling sorry for them and their fake story people. They'll take you too if you choose to send them money.

Bookmark   May 18, 2009 at 10:41PM
More Discussions
Need identification and care instructions
This plant came up out of nowhere in 2005 and comes...
tlynn10
Alocasia & Colocasia help pls. - new @ this forum
Hello all, I have mostly succulents...do not have experience...
rina_
Got my new Philodendron 'joepii' today!
I was so excited to get my new philodendron 'joepii'...
MonsteraMan
ID Colombian Aroid Please
Can anyone ID this?
pittercol
Aglaonema rescue
I just got this off the discount rack at Loews. It...
Sans2014
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™