Looking for Link for Calla cycles

minibot(z9bNorCA Sz16)May 10, 2005

Hello, I found a link here in some thread that I can't find any longer, and it was a link to the cycle of the calla bulbs and how they reproduced and what to expect for the growth cycle year by year. Sound familiar? Does anyone know which link I speak of? Please point me in the right direction :-) Thanks if you can help!

minibot

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
minibot(z9bNorCA Sz16)

I suppose no one remembers said link. :-( It went into detail about what happens with the tubers in the 2nd, 3rd and fourth years if I recall correctly. It had a nice diagram (which is a little of what my photographic memory can recall) and it showed the tubers putting out little tubers and said what exactly to expect year by year from the newer growths. I was just wondering because after three years my Zantedeschia rehmannii (sp?) is finally reblooming or re-spadixing :-). I was wondering if I should hold out on the others (not get rid of them), but actually, since one has finally put up a "flower" I can rest assured that the others will eventually. If anyone can recall that site, please list the Uniform Resource Locator please (or URL :-))! Thanks again!

minibot

Bookmark   May 14, 2005 at 6:18AM
cactusfreak(7)

This is not exactly what you're looking for but go to the calla ring and maybe someone can help you.

Here is a link that might be useful: Growing callas

Bookmark   May 14, 2005 at 11:43AM
minibot(z9bNorCA Sz16)

Thanks cactusfreak! It was a cool link (german?) and it had a wonderful diagram of how the tubers multiplied. I guess I'll just have to learn what my tubers will do by digging them up and seeing how they multiply and take notes of when they flower :-) Hopefully that calla ring will help me immensely! Thanks again!

Jill

Bookmark   May 15, 2005 at 6:12PM
More Discussions
Amorphophallus titanum leaf cutting
I've had good success with this process (100% for 4...
johnsonm08
Aglaonema rescue
I just got this off the discount rack at Loews. It...
Sans2014
Malanga vs. Yautia
I picked up these "roots" at the local Latin...
JohnnieB
Pothos, the real one
I'm still away from home and have been doing quite...
tropicbreezent
Alocasia seems healthy, but is not growing in size?
I have two Alocasias in pots in my living room. I have...
ednaricketts
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™