Looking for pink

lawnkid(Central NJ)April 29, 2007

I am looking for a pink flowering azalea, evergreen with attractive foliage to form a globular hedge.

I saw a beautiful azalea at Lowes yesterday, Rosebud azalea, but I resisted the temptation of buying it. She was full of blooms, very dense and with a compact round shape.

Does anybody have this azalea in central NJ?

How the plant performs?

I wanted to find more information first. You know how it is, you see the plant in bloom and you canÂt resist get it. Few months later you might see the plant get sick and die. I learned my lesson the hard way and this time I want to be careful before I waste money.

Nurseries tend to bring plants suitable for the area, but you have to double check. I have being getting azaleas and rhodys for the last year or so. I lost two to the winter and some leave brown disease. I have consulted the American rhododendron society site, where they list proven performers. I have obtained plant listed as proven performer in hope they will stand a better chance of thriving. Rosebud is not on this list, but that does not necessarily means is not good.

I will appreciate feedback.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
luis_pr(7b/8a Hurst, TX)

Hello, lawnkid. I have seen pictures of this azalea and it is gorgeous. Some places in the internet claimed it could handle Zone 6a winters but I agree, check with others in your area.

I do not grow it but these members have previously stated that they do so, try contacting them:

Alla_PA
EGO45 CT 6b
ajer16 MI

Others who might be able to help can be contacted here.

Good luck,
Luis

Bookmark   April 30, 2007 at 5:59AM
More Discussions
Blanchie
My Rhododendron leaves are green, but have started...
blanchie7
Attractive grouping of companion plants for deciduous azalea
Hello! I've lived in my house a year and now I'm planning...
Kristin
help! trying to identify the issue...
I live in Tulsa Oklahoma (zone 7) and purchased these...
elmbelle
floral azelea question
I just got an azelea from a grocery and it looks like...
fievel38
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™