More photos from Mottisfont Conference

anitasacramento(z9/14 CA)July 2, 2014

Hi - I took about 3000 photos during my month in England and am wading through them now. Many of you remember joninwessex from years ago on GW, and you may know Dr. Malcolm Manners, Cydney Wade (Rose Acres nursery), or Mike Shoup (Antique Rose Emporium). Here are some shots from Jon's garden. There will be more - not 3000, I promise you!

The greatest disappointment of the trip was not meeting Suzy. I hope that things are sorted out with her and that she's able to replace the important things that she lost. I wasn't able to get onto GW while I was on the trip so wasn't able to express my shock and concern when she shared what had happened.

I did get to meet Maurizio from Sardinia, Pat Toolan and Billy West from Australia, and many other garden friends. A lovely time.
Anita

Here is a link that might be useful: People and roses in Jon's garden

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lori_elf z6b MD

Wonderful photos! Wish I had been there!

Bookmark   July 2, 2014 at 5:06PM
anitasacramento(z9/14 CA)

Lori, you're another person I've known for years via GW and have never met - would have been great if you could have come!
Anita

Bookmark   July 2, 2014 at 7:23PM
ingrid_vc(Z10 SoCal)

Wonderful photos, Anita, but not enough! I could easily look at 3000 pictures of Jon's garden. His garden is one of my all-time favorites.

I wish Maurizio posted here; his garden is another treasure and he's such a nice person. It's been a long time since he appeared here more or less regularly. It would be so interesting to see what his garden looks like now.

Ingrid

Bookmark   July 2, 2014 at 10:00PM
fogrose(zone 10/sunset 17)

Lovely photos Anita. Thanks so much for giving us a glimpse of what you experienced.

Diane

Bookmark   July 3, 2014 at 12:25AM
More Discussions
Well, well, well....I found the culprit!
For the past few years, I have blamed my wood mulch...
mustbnuts zone 9 sunset 9
David Austin Backlash... Well post your FAV Austin Pic here.
There seems to be some recent backlash on austin roses,...
silverkelt
Please help me identify this rose?
This rose blooms only once a year in the spring. My...
linjon zone 5
Would you share your garden with a stranger?
A woman on another forum whose house has a separate...
mariannese
Tess of the d'Ubervilles
I have bragged on Tess on several posts but never could...
alameda/zone 8
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™