Amophophallus side sprout

houstonpat(9a)July 1, 2013
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
    Bookmark   July 1, 2013 at 10:38PM
lomodor(6)

there are better knowing posters than me on paeonifolius.. but one of my titanums did just that..
was the oddest thing..

Bookmark   July 1, 2013 at 11:18PM
johnsonm08(5a)

Hi
I havent seen that either, but in good years some of mine, esp the konjac, do grow 2 leaves. The second leaf comes from under the soil, so it might look like that underground. Is the tuber close to the surface?
**Could you tell me where the gas station is that grows/ sells the A.p. in Houston?
Thanks
Mike

Bookmark   July 2, 2013 at 2:03PM
tropicbreezent

Can't access any of those photos, just get messages the photos have been moved or deleted.

Bookmark   July 3, 2013 at 2:30AM
houstonpat(9a)

I haven't been on this page for awhile. Apparently the method of uploading photos has changed. I'll try to figure it out. Though, you should be able to cut and paste the address.
Mike, the gas station is in Stafford on Murphy Rd, a couple hundred yards south of hwy 90 on the Southwest corner. The grower is Zacharius from southern India. Nice guy. I tried his method of division with great success.

Bookmark   July 3, 2013 at 9:16AM
grabmebymyhandle(6 Kentucky)

For those of us unable to view the pics, WHAT IS IT!
I've tryied everything, I'm sure it's my phone...

I have A. Symonianus and A. yulinsis(sp?)
One of which is putting out a second leaf, it came from right next the the primary stalk, it even slipped under the cataphly of the primary stalk, I took pics but I'm no better at posting them than pat is, it's really alot more complicated that it should be to put a pic in the post, I do it several other plant forums.

Bookmark   July 3, 2013 at 12:32PM
tropicbreezent

I did copy and paste but there was a message on the Photobucket page that the image had been moved or deleted. Although, one of the links just comes up with a blamk screen and nothing loads.

It's very easy to upload a photo direct into the post. Immediately below the "Post a Follow-Up" is a box labelled "Image file to upload (optional):".

On the right side of it is a button labelled "Browse". Just click on that and navigate to where the image file is on your computer.

When you do the preview the image will come up. If you edit the text in your post and preview it again you have to reload the photo.

Bookmark   July 3, 2013 at 4:28PM
ironious

found the image here http://s150.photobucket.com/user/HoustonPat/media/amorphshoot_zps84c88279.jpg.html

Ive seen this before in other spp. I have no idea why it happens but it does happen. I even had one konjac sporut the tiny deformed flower at the bace like this. It was purple and it stayed all year, didnt die like a normal flower, it was the strangest thing. It has not done it since.

Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 10:00AM
Tiffany, purpleinopp GardenWeb, Z8b Opp, AL(8B AL)

These pics don't seem to be there but clicking next goes to pics. Paste the HTML code for embedding for pics to show up here.

your library

Nice Amaryllis!

Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 10:18AM
grabmebymyhandle(6 Kentucky)

Thanks to purp I finally saw it!

Pretty bizzarre

Reminds me of the dinner scene is spaceballs, I don't guess it popped and started singing hello my rag time gal tho...

Bookmark   July 7, 2013 at 11:07AM
More Discussions
Helicodiceros muscivorus won't sleep
In oktober 2013 I bought on E-bay a Dead Horse Arum...
gigagys
Philodendrons in poor shape
I have two philodendrons which I'm concerned about....
patchyjack
Strategies for restoring variegation to M. del. albovariegata?
I hope the subject line wasn't too confusing. I had...
mark4321_gw
Alocasia Colocasia
Can any one ID this for me its supposed to be alocasia...
Oztony1963
How to manage Alocasia poly tubers?
As the lower leaves on my Alocasia poly died over time,...
greentoe357
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™