IAS Show Miami September 15-16

philofan(z10)July 22, 2007

The International Aroid Society's annual show and sale will be held at Fairchild Botanical Garden in Miami on September 15th & 16th.

Now is a good time to make your travel plans.

There will be more information about the sale, presenter, and auction soon. For more information please check the IAS web site.

Here is a link that might be useful: IAS

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
chilehed(z5 MI)

EXCELLENT! I love Fairchild, grew up not far from it and have been there hundreds of times. Will be back home for a b-day celebration that weekend and will try my best to get over there. Thanks for the notice.

Bookmark   July 25, 2007 at 9:54PM
philofan(z10)

Fairchild is indeed a very nice location. A great place to visit if you also like palms and other exotics.

Bookmark   July 26, 2007 at 1:31AM
raymikematt(z7b SC)

Well, just made my reservations last night so I guess ill see you all there.
Michael M.

Bookmark   July 26, 2007 at 9:23PM
philofan(z10)

Detailed show and sale information has been posted to the IAS web site (aroid.org). This is proving to be a not-to-be-missed event. The featured presenter at Saturday's banquet and auction will be Leland Miyano. Here is an excerpt on Mr. Miyano:

Our featured speaker this year will be the amazing Leland Miyano from Oahu, Hawai'i. Leland is a well-known plantsman & landscape designer, an artist and a veritable plant legend revered for his tropical garden designs (often integrating aroids, of course!) for both the public and private sectors. Leland has also authored many books on related topics, including native Hawaiian plants.

Leland got his start at the feet of Roberto Burle-Marx and spent time in Brazil, where together they collected plants, studied Roberto's plant collections & discoursed on the subjects of art and creating art through plants and landscaping. As one might imagine, that relationship furthered the development of Leland's ongoing collection of rare plants; maintained at his private gardens in Hawai'i.

Following Leland's presentation we will end the evening's festivities with the plant auction featuring many very rare and choice aroids. An online auction will run in conjunction with the live auction.

For more information, please visit aroid.org.

Here is a link that might be useful: 2007 IAS Annual Show and Sale

Bookmark   August 14, 2007 at 2:02AM
philofan(z10)

The IAS Show happens a week from Today. We are anticipating a fantastic show and sale this year and an inspiring presentation by Leland Miyano at our annual banquet.

See you there!

Bookmark   September 8, 2007 at 3:26PM
bigdopeywhiteboy(z7 PacificNW)

Greetings to all from a bit further south than usual. Two years ago this weekend at the 2005 IAS show, I met my wife, and we are presently in Mexico City introducing our son to his Great Grandmother.....best wishes to all...we wish we could be there this year, and promise to be back again next year.....have a blast and get lots of great plants.....Andrew, Julie and Robert Schrimsher

Bookmark   September 13, 2007 at 1:25PM
More Discussions
Got my new Philodendron 'joepii' today!
I was so excited to get my new philodendron 'joepii'...
MonsteraMan
Alocasia 'Malaysian Monster'
Anyone know anything about this one? I see it listed...
coolplantsguy
P. erubescens: smaller and ever smaller
Hello, all. I acquired this plant two years ago, not...
fakechuchi
Alocasia seems healthy, but is not growing in size?
I have two Alocasias in pots in my living room. I have...
ednaricketts
Alocasia & Colocasia help pls. - new @ this forum
Hello all, I have mostly succulents...do not have experience...
rina_
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™