Amorphophallus species Thailand

ogeckoAugust 2, 2007

I received this tuber as "Amorphophallus species Thailand" and it is now in bloom for me although IÂve only had it for slightly more than two months. This is good, but what is it? Can anyone help me with an ID? The closest that I could come by searching the IAS web site is A. linearis, but the tuber isnÂt elongated so IÂm uncertain. I suppose that I can wait to see the leaves, but IÂm impatient! :-)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
truetropical77

The plant you have is a Amorphophallus atroviridis i have one just like it. i love the leaves!

Bookmark   August 8, 2007 at 12:45PM
ogecko

Thanks for the ID, I think that I'll have to wait for the foliage to confirm it, though: all of the pictures of atroviridis that I could find on the web showed a distinctly pink "cup" and the one that I have doesn't look pink to me. However, there could be natural variation and I AM partially colorblind in the reds & greens!

Bookmark   August 9, 2007 at 9:30AM
davi_dia_hotmail_com

I've got 4 or 5 of these ... think they are rather variable - even the leaves exhibit this whole range of intermediate characters - I've got a few with dark green leaves (the edges are crinkled) and a bright pink rim, and another with lots of spots on the stem and just dark green leaves with a smooth edge. Another friend has got specimens that are inbetween.. its a nightmare trying to ID these plants for sure ! LOL

Bookmark   August 13, 2007 at 11:35AM
More Discussions
Amorphophallus titanum leaf cutting
I've had good success with this process (100% for 4...
johnsonm08
Can an albino Amorphophallus titanum survive?
One of my a titanum seedlings is completely white,...
stevelau1911
New Amorphophallus seedlings for 2015
I just planted a batch of a titanum seedlings about...
stevelau1911
Got my new Philodendron 'joepii' today!
I was so excited to get my new philodendron 'joepii'...
MonsteraMan
Amorphophallus galbra
Rob, There's a maximum of 150 posts on a thread and...
tropicbreezent
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™