One or two companions for G.G. Gerbing?

phoamMay 6, 2008

Any ideas for one or two evergreen, full sun companions for several GG Gerbings in semi-open space? Area isn't an issue.

Possibly one to provide a surrounding to fill in any potentially leggy areas. And maybe one with relatively the same size to add a small portion of variety (preferably something with a white, summer flower) - Gardenia? Probably a 3:1 ratio of GG Gerbing to "Other".

Doubt this will be added, but if anyone has a late summer, white blooming suggestion, that would be great as well.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
esh_ga

When you say full sun, do you mean afternoon or morning sun? I don't think either the azaleas or gardenias would appreciate afternoon sun. If morning then both should be fine and I'd recommend Gardenia jasminoides 'Radicans'.

Bookmark   May 7, 2008 at 7:07AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
phoam

Until a tree in the vicinity develops, it's mostly afternoon sun. Not ideal conditions, I know. However, spring & summer blooming (white) evergreen shrubs for this area are needed.

Whether for this particular area or not, white blooming azaleas will be a main feature of the property. Much of the area receives little sunlight (due to large oak trees).

Bookmark   May 7, 2008 at 10:46AM
More Discussions
Anybody out there have luck with Rhodos in Southern Arkansas?
Looking for any feedback from Houzz readers who have...
Rusty Empire
thoughts on permanent soil enhancement
This is more or less a followup to Mainegrower's questioning...
davidrt28 (zone 7)
Yaks for Richmond, VA?
I am considering two Rhodies for a small, shaded, urban...
jupitertree
azalea few yellow leaves
I'm having a problem with some of my azaleas. Their...
trees_in_winter
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™