Meet Pappy, young over weigh konjac.

grabmebymyhandle(6 Kentucky)October 22, 2012

Pappy is 3 years old and very attractive...

He enjoys warm afternoons spent lounging in the dappled light.

As well as long hot nights filled with high nitrogen mixed drinks and the booming rhythms of "Senior Bullfrog and the really just way too loud cicada band"

Dont worry they play all next too just post your pics here im sure Pappy will be happy to accommodate everyone in need of a good "amorphophallus", some time around thanksgiving it looks like :D

Amorphophallus (from Ancient Greek amorphos, "without form, misshapen" + phallos, "penis"

Fun, right? Seriously tho its about time to be uncovering all those juicy tubers. Heres my big konjac, my only amorph worth showing yet, but lets see what ya got. I freakin love the big gnarly taters :D

heres a few more pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/88898514@N07/sets/72157631825370079/

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tandc123

Wow! This is Beautiful! did you grow Pappy from seed? I just received some seeds from EBAY... they are planted now... but now the waiting game begins :)

Bookmark   October 24, 2012 at 8:57AM
grabmebymyhandle(6 Kentucky)

No I traded locally for him earlier this year, he was about half this size then, i have big hopes for next year, hes goin in the ground for the first time. I would really like for him to really get to be a big boy, i read of these getting to 40 or 50 pounds, that would be great!

Did you just get a.konjac seeds? theres alot of cool looking amorph seeds floating around on ebay and with amorphs, you never what each seed will bring, but id likely kill them, i have a horrible track record with seedlings

Thanks for posting tandc123, i was afraid I had layed the innuendo on a bit too thick, and scared away everybody.
goodluck with those seeds

Bookmark   October 25, 2012 at 1:23AM
tommyr_gw

Very nice! Here's my 8 pounder dug up about 2 weeks ago:

Bookmark   October 25, 2012 at 5:42PM
More Discussions
Alocasia 'Malaysian Monster'
Anyone know anything about this one? I see it listed...
coolplantsguy
Strategies for restoring variegation to M. del. albovariegata?
I hope the subject line wasn't too confusing. I had...
mark4321_gw
How to manage Alocasia poly tubers?
As the lower leaves on my Alocasia poly died over time,...
greentoe357
Anyone growing Philodendron pedatum?
I just recently purchased a juvenile Philodendron pedatum. It...
summersunlight
New Amorphophallus seedlings for 2015
I just planted a batch of a titanum seedlings about...
stevelau1911
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™