Zone, Heat and Sun challenged
Hi all, first time posting to this forum and looking for a little advice. I am looking for a shrub to anchor a bed along my house and have a few challenges.
1) we often get -35C (-31F) for a week or so a year and our summers are usually around 30C (86F) from late May through September. Frost safe (June - end August)
2) it gets sun at 8:30 then shade from the house creeps across the bed (8' wide) and it is totally in shade by 2pm
3) Need a tall variety it will be 'behind' some astilbe and I prefer to not have white
4) Soil is alkaline but I can amend if needed
I have been researching and searching this forum and have a list in order of what I think will work the best.
1) PJM Elite
2) PJM Victor or Regal
3) Nova Zembla
4) Manitou (although probably not tall enough)
Any further suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.