Interesting aroid

tropicbreezentDecember 6, 2012

Found an interesting Aroid. Seems to grow in all sorts of odd places. Was only just coming out so no flowers yet.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Tiffany, purpleinopp GardenWeb, Z8b Opp, AL

That's a beautiful plant! Love the whole area, the rocks, moss, ferns. Is this on your property? I thought Australia was much more flat and dry. A lot of the most beautiful pics of your country I've seen, besides the beach, are yours. Awesome!

Bookmark   December 7, 2012 at 12:48PM
grabmebymyhandle(6 Kentucky)

yea ill check, and likely droop over any pics you post tropic... I cant get enough of em...

It reminds me of Alocasia lowii I certainly wouldnt bet on it but its atleast somewhat close, a good lookin plant either way

Bookmark   December 7, 2012 at 11:31PM
tropicbreezent

It's a Remusatia vivipara. I checked its natural distribution and came up with an amazing range.

* Tanzania
* Ethiopia
* Socotra
* Zambia
* Guinea
* Ivory Coast
* Nigeria
* Sierra Leone
* Cameroon
* Central African Republic
* Zaire
* Madagascar
* Oman
* Yemen
* China South-Central
* Tibet
* Taiwan
* Bangladesh
* East Himalaya
* India
* Nepal
* Sri Lanka
* Laos
* Myanmar
* Thailand
* Vietnam
* Jawa
* Northern Territory
* Queensland

On my property? I wish! Unfortunately I don't have any formations like that, but I'm working towards it. It takes time. The other bloke who did it all only took 7 days, and one of those was a rest day. I'm a bit slower, LOL.

On average over the whole land area Australia is the lowest continent. We do have some very flat areas, the largest,flatest on the planet being the Nullabor Plain. We also have the second largest continuous area of rainforest in the world, after the Amazon. Although, at the rate the Amazon is being cut out we might end up with the largest. Being placed so close to the equator we only have snow in the highest mountains in the south east corner, and only in winter. Summer all the snow is gone even from the peaks. So we do have quite a variety.

Bookmark   December 8, 2012 at 7:48PM
More Discussions
Trade S. Venosum / Z. Zamiifolia For ???
Email Me At gaffenstein@gmail.com If interested in...
dethcheez
New Amorphophallus seedlings for 2015
I just planted a batch of a titanum seedlings about...
stevelau1911
Elephant ears only every has 4 leaves
Hi eveyrone, I am not experienced with Aroids but received...
whippersnapper78
Aglaonema rescue
I just got this off the discount rack at Loews. It...
Sans2014
Helicodiceros muscivorus won't sleep
In oktober 2013 I bought on E-bay a Dead Horse Arum...
gigagys
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™