Prairie Peace

lerosier3(7)August 11, 2012

My three year old plants are 5-6' tall and in bloom for the third time this year. It appears that I will have a rooted sucker next spring. It will not be for sale but I would be happy to trade it to someone in the US for a spinosissima or OGR that I need.

Prairie Peace is totally healthy in our garden. Its color is best in cooler climates like the Pacific Northwest.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
GatorRose

We would like a Praire Peace....but we do not know what you would like in trade of your PP.

Thanks,
GatorRose

Bookmark   August 11, 2012 at 10:42PM
AnneCecilia z5 MI

Could you post again that list of roses you are searching for? I'm sure many of us would be happy to exchange for a Prairie Peace if we have something that is on your want-list!

Bookmark   August 12, 2012 at 9:47AM
lerosier3(7)

The pimpinellifoliae I have can be found at this site. Click on garden, then click on plants grown.
I need any pimpinellifoliae not on the list.

Here is a link that might be useful: Garden Listing

Bookmark   August 12, 2012 at 12:16PM
kaylah

There's an Italian gardener who posts here who said she had luck rooting Harison's Yellow by putting the cuttings straight in the ground in the fall. Worth a try.
I have rosa xanthina, but I bet you have it.

Bookmark   August 14, 2012 at 10:37PM
kaylah

I was just looking at the leaves and stems of PP on Helpmefind. It didn't look so woody and thorny like harison's Yellow. HY just rots away in the baggie. Have you tried rooting it?

Bookmark   August 14, 2012 at 10:48PM
roseseek

Harison's Yellow couldn't be THAT difficult to propagate. It has been found across the country along the Oregon and Mormon Trails where settlers planted it when they stopped, as well as where they settled. I would think simply sticking it into the ground in late fall to early winter would result in good results. That should have been when the wagon trains stopped for the winter. Kim

Bookmark   August 14, 2012 at 11:14PM
lerosier3(7)

You can certainly find HY throughout the west but it was not propagated with cuttings but with suckers that people dug up and brought with them. I haven't found any of the Foetida hybrids that are easy to propagate. I will try to propagate HY again but will use the tip layering method that seems promising.

Does anyone have Doubloons?

Bookmark   August 15, 2012 at 11:05AM
kaylah

Vintage gardens has Doubloons, but it is only available by custom root this year, I think.
HY suckers all over. I own ten, I think.
Maybe Vintage Gardens would want to work with you on some PP for spinosissima. Can't hurt to ask.

Bookmark   August 16, 2012 at 12:40AM
More Discussions
Thoughts on pruning? I'd love to see photos of your roses post-prune!
Hi all, I am gearing up for my first major pruning...
Dinglehopp3r z7A. EastTN
giving up
most of my clippings and practically all of my past...
Campanula UK Z8
Snow pictures
I'm not sure how many inches we got last night but...
erasmus_gw
Ladybug
Just a little orange ladybug combing my SdlM. The best...
Adam Harbeck
close cousins of Belinda's Dream?
BD looks like a great landcaping/cutting rose, but...
Adam Harbeck
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™