Broken Foot

burt4750April 26, 2013

I broke my foot two days ago and had to have a screw put in. I am supposed to be totally non-weight bearing for at least 5 to 6 weeks. I do have a knee walker to get around with in the house, but would like to know if anyone has any suggestions for something I could get around the yard with. I am an avid gardener and just finished cleaning out two of my flower beds before the accident (with many more to go). I have thought of a wheelchair, but don't have the upper body strength to wheel myself around in the grass. I broke my other foot in October so was unable to get the beds ready for winter. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
AuntBarbie

My heart goes out to you, Burt...

Think you could use something like this with a kid's red wagon to rest your leg on and pile up debris as well?

http://www.thefind.com/garden/info-garden-scooter
(3rd and 4th row)

Or more pricey...
http://www.frontgate.com/deluxe-swivel-garden-scooter/422464?redirect=y

Hope your recuperation goes quickly and easily!

Bookmark   April 27, 2013 at 10:21AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
catherinet(5 IN)

How's it going Burt?
I was wondering if you could at least rent a scooter. ....maybe one with wheels that could handle grass and dirt?
I can appreciate your situation and your frustration. I use a golf cart to get around the property, but I still have to get out of it to do things. My feet and knees are getting worse and worse, and I'm trying to think ahead, as to what I would use, to remain functional outside.
I hope you have found a solution.
Also......I might add that I hope you're looking into why your bones are breaking. Maybe you need more calcium, or something like that?
Best of luck to you in your recovery!

Bookmark   May 11, 2013 at 9:19AM
More Discussions
Raised garden bed on concrete. bad?
Im new to gardening, and i have a 6' x 10' concrete...
tcon83
accessible gardening on the porch??
i'm new to this forum and new to possible accessible...
zippity1
Would love my back yard to look like this.
I only recognize one plant in the photo and it is the...
420benz
Can you name this plant? and what is wrong with it??!
I bought the plant thinking i could bring it back to...
belenlives
Are all poppy flowers illegal (used for drugs) ?
Hi, I recently bought a bunch of flower seed packets...
Placebo
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™