Anyone else have this problem with leaning over?

catherinet(5 IN)April 17, 2013

I doubt anyone else has this. Maybe I'm just wanting to whine.
I have long legs and a short torso.....maybe that's the problem. But whenever I lean over to do anything, I have irregular heartbeats for a few weeks. It drives me crazy. I haven't decided if I might have a sliding hiatal hernia, or if acid irritates my esophogus when I lean over (the vagus nerve runs along the esophagus and to the heart).
Even though the irregular beats are harmless, they're very disconcerting and I wish I didn't have them. Maybe raised beds is the answer, but still......there's alot of work to do at ground level. and the ground keeps getting further and further down! lol!
I've tried sitting on a stool to work on things at ground level, but just the pressure of leaning over can bring on several weeks of irregular heartbeats.
I'm thinking I should have big trenches dug in my garden, in between the rows of veggies.........and I would stand down in the trench and work........sort of the opposite of raised beds. haha
Anyhow.........I always love it when I can find tools that reach down for me and do that work......but for the most part, I have to lean over.......and then suffer.
Anyone else have this weird problem?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
vetivert8(NI-NZ zone 9a)

I've had something similar since I was a kid. Not all the time, and nothing I could say, as you can, when I do this then it happens.

Three things keep it at bay, for me: getting enough magnesium; staying fit; complaining to my chiropractor about having my neck and upper spine out of whack. One quick adjustment usually sets it right (until the next time I do something outrageous...)

A loose-fit dress or pants might help to prevent it, but that it goes on for so long says a talk with a sensible and open-minded professional could be useful.

Bookmark   May 6, 2013 at 3:41AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
catherinet(5 IN)

Thanks vetivert........sorry it took me so long to get back to you.
Thanks for your input!

Bookmark   July 11, 2013 at 2:37PM
More Discussions
Do real ladies climb trees?
Hi - First time on this forum and I came here looking...
seattlegardener
Watering
Hi, Everyone, My Mom needs to be careful with her neck,...
lonicera13
Raised garden bed on concrete. bad?
Im new to gardening, and i have a 6' x 10' concrete...
tcon83
Question about Glucosamine / Chondroitin ......Do you take this?
Good Morning This morning I am having an awful time...
mikeandbarb
Viburnum
I have a viburnum plant that has produced no flowers...
professor_nick
Sponsored Products
New Persian Yalameh Geometric Runner Balouch Hand Knotted Wool Area Rug Free Pad
BH Sun Inc
Colonial Mills Oak Harbour Braided Rug - Laguna Multicolor - OH58R024X036
$22.98 | Hayneedle
Panama Jack Long Point Braided Rug - LP52R024X084S
$119.00 | Hayneedle
New Runner Unique Oriental Tribal Balouch Hand Knotted Wool Area Rug Free P
BH Sun Inc
Flying Fish Rod Table Lamp
Lamps Plus
32 x 32 Stone shower base Mongolia black basalt - CORAL BLACK
Living'ROC
Tannery Bronze Wall Sconce 1-Light