Lime together with Fertilizer

AzzyzzApril 5, 2014

hello my name is Emanuel and like the titel says i just put lime together with fertilizer like 3/4 weeks ago thinking i was doing the right thing.......
My question to you is waht to do know ???Should i just fertilize again without the limestone??Should i just stay still??
My ph test gave me neutral ph 2 weaks ago andI am planing on planting some tomatos ,peppers, brocollis, peas ,beans ,turnips etc...all spread alng for beds

Thanks in advance for your help

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
vetivert8(NI-NZ zone 9a)

If you're worried - add more compost. The soil creatures will use the extra nutrients, then share with the plants.

The main 'reason' to not put lime and other amendments together is that lime can lock up some elements. Provided that you didn't dump a huge amount on your soil any imbalance will probably right itself after a few heavy rains.

Next time you do a soil test: check for the key elements, too. Nitrogen, Potassium, Phosphorus and Sulphur.

If you know your local soils are deficient in trace elements, such as boron or molybdenum, then get a professional soil test, if that's possible in your area. It will actually save you money because you'll get guidance on just which fertilisers and amendments you need for the type of crops you're growing.

You will also find out how often you may need to lime - and the best sort for your location and climate.

Bookmark   May 1, 2014 at 4:41AM
More Discussions
About making a Orchids garden
Hi I live in Bangladesh. I wanna make a Orchids garden...
gsumonto5
Raised garden bed on concrete. bad?
Im new to gardening, and i have a 6' x 10' concrete...
tcon83
How do you keep weeds down?
Great to find this forum! I have MS and some pretty...
jlynn
Can you name this plant? and what is wrong with it??!
I bought the plant thinking i could bring it back to...
belenlives
Do real ladies climb trees?
Hi - First time on this forum and I came here looking...
seattlegardener
Sponsored Products
Sale, Hand Woven Kilim Flat Weave Stripe Rug | Free Pad | 4' 6" x 6' 6" - H2995
BH Sun Inc
Cottage Picket Wings
Grandin Road
Tamburo 16 Semi Flush Ceiling
Lightology
Mano Chandelier by Eurofase
$778.00 | Lumens
Marble Dining Table 79x39 Glass Travertine - ROMA
Living'ROC
Safavieh Handmade Ivory/ Light Blue Hand-spun Wool Rug (2'3 x 10')
Overstock.com
Small Serving Bowl
$65.00 | Horchow
Home and More Coir Rope Mat - 14001
$29.99 | Hayneedle
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™