Handy Use For Garden 'Car'

Sheila7863May 2, 2002

I can't remember what the darned thing is called - but they were selling them everywhere last year! It's a little green rolling garden seat about 12" tall with big wheels and has a lift-up lid storage compartment.

I have back and neuromuscular problems so I fall a lot and have difficulty carrying and bending. One day I was looking at my little "car" and got a brainstorm! I tied a rope through the front handle and voila! It is the coolest thing INSIDE the house too. I can sit a plant or other heavy object on it and pull it through the house! It's also handy for picking up objects as you walk through the house - you can leave the lid open and toss the objects inside as you pull it along. WELL worth the $20 or so I paid for it!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
taba(z5b MO)

Great idea, Sheila. I have been looking at those, but the are $40 around here. Waiting for a sale to pick one up.

Bookmark   May 7, 2002 at 1:27PM
cleo_30

Hmmm, I've never seen one of these before--does anyone have a web link so that I can what this "car" looks like? How large is the capacity of the storage area?

Bookmark   June 4, 2002 at 9:32AM
Denise491(9, Redding, Ca)

That sounds really cool, was wondering if my son could drag one around behind his wheelchair. Where do you find them?

Bookmark   June 26, 2002 at 3:26PM
janetsflowers(Z6 NY)

Around here it is called a "grasshopper" and can be found at garden centers, catalogs, etc for about $20.

Bookmark   July 14, 2002 at 8:20PM
ned_rag

For this old gardener, the little rolling garden car has made it possible for me to garden again. I can really scoot around on it. This winter, will bring into the house to use.

Mpls. Dee

Bookmark   July 18, 2002 at 4:45PM
Belgianpup(Wa/Zone 7b)

Another one is the "Lawn Buddy", about $30.

Bookmark   July 21, 2002 at 6:15PM
Lotta_Fruit

I have used a large red wagon in my garden for years. Why couldn't a small red wagon work for inside the house?

Bookmark   September 28, 2002 at 1:03AM
More Discussions
Are all poppy flowers illegal (used for drugs) ?
Hi, I recently bought a bunch of flower seed packets...
Placebo
Gardening ideas for a townhouse
Just moved to a new area and am living in a townhome....
petalil
About making a Orchids garden
Hi I live in Bangladesh. I wanna make a Orchids garden...
gsumonto5
Viburnum
I have a viburnum plant that has produced no flowers...
professor_nick
Fibromyalgia & gardening
Good morning! This forum has helped me immensly with...
compost_hugger_nancy
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™