muddy tires

aker(7)May 25, 2002

Those of you that use a wheelchair or scooter while gardening must encounter problems with running through dirt and mud when gardening. This is a problem for me when I use my scooter out near the garden beds. The path is just dirt and we live in a wet climate.

I have put out rugs to run back and forth on to *try* and get some of the dirt off, but no matter how hard I try I always track it inside.

Any ideas?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Jillrob(NC 8)

I use a wheelchair and keep a scrub brush tucked in the back of my mailbox for those muddy occasions. I don't suppose you could reach the wheels with a scooter, though. How 'bout a broom??

Bookmark   May 25, 2002 at 8:35PM
aker(7)

Hi, Jillrob

I have tried using a broom to clean my tires, but my main problem is reaching. The tires are not very accessible, especially the front which has metal framing around it. We also have a lot of clay in the soil and it really sticks!!

Thanks for your suggestion anyway!!!

Bookmark   May 27, 2002 at 10:46PM
Maigan(z6b MD)

me too on the mud but I just hose my tires off before going inside again. It took awhile to manage not to get too wet but a little water is better than alot of mud :)

Now though, I actually have an outside chair that I use just for going out in the yard. This is a recent addition to my life. I love it. the husband just takes it out and hoses it off better then I do when I"m sitting in it.

Bookmark   May 28, 2002 at 9:47PM
More Discussions
【영통오피】b am war.c o m〔선릉오피〕『역삼오피』
【영통오피】b am war.c o m〔선릉오피〕『역삼오피』【영통오피】b...
merryjoykubit222
A tangent, perhaps - healthcare cost and the cost of water.
It just occurred to me as I am setting here staring...
albert_135
Can you name this plant? and what is wrong with it??!
I bought the plant thinking i could bring it back to...
belenlives
【부평오피】BAM WAR .COM〔청주오피〕『일산오피』
【부평오피】BAM WAR .COM〔청주오피〕『일산오피』【부평오피】BAM...
merryjoykubit222
Question about Glucosamine / Chondroitin ......Do you take this?
Good Morning This morning I am having an awful time...
mikeandbarb
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™