Hort. Therapy

Yellow22(7PA/NJ)July 29, 2004

Is there a chance, yes there's alway one, where we could guide this forum into a broader allowence. Bring in ideas and thoughts. I suppose most who know are so stricken dealing of a pro level and don't want to input and take up family time, can't or don't think about those of you who need help here.

Here's a quick tip that works for every one....now where to find a sharp pencil....to know if a potted plant needs to be watered...let the wet or unwet pencil tell you if you can't stick you finger into a pot very easily.

What would be the best piece of raw wood to use...because I never trusted a #2.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
julieyankfan(z9FL Pasco Cty.)

Good tip! Any kind of stick, like a paint stirrer, would work. I'll try it and let you know.

Julie

Bookmark   July 30, 2004 at 7:18PM
lilone_SoCal(9a-11/Sunset 18)

What a wonderful idea! I am studying landscape design and want to know more about how to help disabled or elderly gardeners. I'd love to read more ideas and little tricks like this.

lisa

Bookmark   August 18, 2004 at 3:23PM
enchantedplace

Just saw this post. I use the wooden 'barbeque skewers' for a lot of different things and they come in varied thickness.. some are about the same size around as a pencil but longer. I use them around new plants to prevent cut worm damage, to help keep a plant erect, to stir with, and so forth. EP

Bookmark   August 22, 2004 at 2:22PM
bcstan

Have you thought about using old kitchen implements? I have in my garden tool shed, and use often, things such as the large cooking spoons (slotted and not slotted), large forks and even knives . You would be surprised how handy they are. You can pick them up real cheap at thrift stores. And for potted plants, the table fork works great.

B.C.

Bookmark   October 24, 2004 at 1:32PM
More Discussions
Would love my back yard to look like this.
I only recognize one plant in the photo and it is the...
420benz
Garden power tools/ mulching
I'm a new/first-time homeowner and I am completely...
hrhrudi
A tangent, perhaps - healthcare cost and the cost of water.
It just occurred to me as I am setting here staring...
albert_135
Little centipede like critters in my garden
Hi! I was getting ready to plant some flowers when...
Maritz3
Lasagna gardening
I'm gathering materials to start this and am pretty...
oncidihuh
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™