How do you deal with snow?

alisande(Zone 4b)December 13, 2003

This is my first winter living alone. I'm not disabled, but I have fibromyalgia and occasional flares of joint problems. My husband used to make paths in the snow so I could get to the barn and my car. He wasn't able to do it last year, so I made the paths myself by walking and pushing the snow with my feet. It was tiring, but it worked. However, this year I found it dramatically worsens the bursitis in my knee(s).

Does anyone have any ideas for me? I'm afraid shoveling isn't an option. Thanks!

Susan

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cburg(z6PA)

find a neighborhood teenager or a snowblower to borrow [although that may be difficult living down a dirt road!] - we finally got a used snowblower it's almost too easy - but definitely worth every penny

Bookmark   December 13, 2003 at 10:02PM
wolfe15136(z6 PA)

Put an ad up at the local grocery store for someone to shovel for you. I have a lovely fellow who comes for $20 each snow.

Bookmark   December 17, 2003 at 9:59AM
breezynosacek(7VA)

You know those blow torches they use on weeds? The catalog from www.amleo.com has them and they show that they are good for melting snow and ice.

My knees finally gave out in Aug. Had to walk with a cane for several months. I suspect that I will eventually end up in a wheelchair as I have rhumetoid arthritis and I've worked on concrete floors for too many years.

Hubby had congestive heart failure so we are going to have to do something if we end up with a lot of snow.

Bookmark   January 6, 2004 at 12:44AM
More Discussions
Gardening ideas for a townhouse
Just moved to a new area and am living in a townhome....
petalil
using tea bags around pots
hello. it is my first post here. Can I open old tea...
Libra9
Galvanized stock tanks for raised beds
Hi. I'm using galvanized stock tanks as raised beds...
gcorman
accessible gardening on the porch??
i'm new to this forum and new to possible accessible...
zippity1
Garden power tools/ mulching
I'm a new/first-time homeowner and I am completely...
hrhrudi
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™