Books on this subject?

madabouteu(8A - central Alabama)December 12, 2003

Does anyone know of good books on the subject of how people with disabilities can garden? I had one entitled "The Enabling Garden" until someone borrowed it and never returned it, and I cannot find it at used book websites.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cburg(z6PA)

here's a few including the one you may have had - i would check eBay or amazon or barnes/nobles etc as they may have used copies for sale:
The Able Gardener: Overcoming Barriers of Age & Physical Limitations-A well-illustrated informative book that covers areas such as mail-order sources, indoor gardening and raised beds. The book includes dozens of suggestions for adapting tools, managing garden tasks and creating accessible yards. Available from: Storey Communications, Inc., 105 Schoolhouse Road, Pownal, VT 05261 or call (802) 823-5811. Price: $27.95

The Enabling Garden: Creating Barrier Free Gardens-This book provides information on the best tools and techniques to make gardening easier. It includes easy-to-follow diagrams for wheelchair-accessible raised beds and paths. Available from: Taylor Publishing Company, 1550 West Mockingbird Lane, Dallas, TX 75235 or call 800-947-0402. Price: $13.95

Accessible Gardening For People with Physical Disabilities: A Guide to Methods, Tools, and Plants-This book outlines gardening aspects-accessible paths and ramps, garden designs, tools, and plant selection. Includes a section on children's gardening. Available from: Woodbine House, Inc., 6510 Bells Mill Road, Bethesda, MD 20871 or call (800) 843-7323. Price: $16.95.

Able to Garden-This is a practical guide for elderly gardeners and those with disabilities. It has ideas for gardening in limited spaces and includes container gardening and tool selection. ISBN #0713461373, publisher Trafalgar Square. Price: $22.95.

Bookmark   December 13, 2003 at 9:57PM
GhostOfaChance

Check out half.com for some of these books. The Able Gardener is 3.50 in hardback.

http://half.ebay.com/search/search.jsp?nthTime=1&product=books&query=The+Able+Gardener

Accessible Gardening is 8.50.

http://half.ebay.com/cat/buy/prod.cgi?cpid=1141790&domain_id=1856&meta_id=1

I love half.com. I buy a lot of books, cd's and software there. They're part of Ebay and very reliable. Good luck.

Chance

Bookmark   December 20, 2003 at 1:04PM
oakleif(z6 AR)

I plan on checking these books out to see if i can find them. Thought someone else would be interested.

Bookmark   August 21, 2007 at 4:54AM
luna_llena_feliz

I am lucky my local library carries all of them! I usually check out the books from the library and then decide if I want to purchase them.

Thanks so much Chance for the info about half.com. I never checked them out before. What a great find! Thank you!

Bookmark   August 29, 2007 at 12:41AM
More Discussions
Are all poppy flowers illegal (used for drugs) ?
Hi, I recently bought a bunch of flower seed packets...
Placebo
Watering
Hi, Everyone, My Mom needs to be careful with her neck,...
lonicera13
Lithops- Seeds
Is it worth growing seeds, or shall I buy the plants? How...
Quixo
Identify this
South African tree, please help identify it
BHudders
Lasagna gardening
I'm gathering materials to start this and am pretty...
oncidihuh
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™