Hips/Seeds

roseseekSeptember 16, 2011

A little while back, someone asked about buying rose seed and I suggested they contact other rose growers to make sure they got rose seed instead of who knows what. The person asked if I sent seed for postage and now I can't find the thread.

I have some extra open pollinated hips from mostly minis, polyanthas, a shrub or two and two climbing seedlings I am willing to mail for the cost of postage. These are raw hips, not cleaned seed, so you'd need to clean them yourself. I have far too many hips resulting from my crosses the blamed squirrels didn't eat before I harvested them to keep me busy for a while!

Please let me know if you're interested and I'll be happy to email you the list of varieties. You may feel free to either post here or email me through GW as I accept emails through the system. Many are ones and twos (squirrels again!), some are more like a handful. Thanks. Kim

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
seil zone 6b MI

Thanks, Kim, email on it's way!

Bookmark   September 17, 2011 at 11:41AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
roseseek

Got it! Thanks, Seil. I'm honestly a bit surprised how many people have responded. Saves me the temptation to plant OP seed from those I'd be interested seeing what they'd make! Thanks. Kim

Bookmark   September 17, 2011 at 1:35PM
More Discussions
Thoughts on pruning? I'd love to see photos of your roses post-prune!
Hi all, I am gearing up for my first major pruning...
Dinglehopp3r z7A. EastTN
Where are they now? (Francis Dubreuil & other MIA roses)
The previous threads on this topic (and a few others)...
vmr423
close cousins of Belinda's Dream?
BD looks like a great landcaping/cutting rose, but...
Adam Harbeck
about the David Austin bagged root roses out there now
Over on the rose forum there was a report of Austin...
stillanntn6b
Duchesse de Brabant: Evaluation and Photos
Accidentally put this on the "Roses Forum"...
Sow_what? Southern California Inland
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™