Anyone grow CPM near Sacramento?

thahalibut(Z-9 CA, SSZ-9)September 25, 2012

How does Crown Princess Margareta do here? I really want to buy it but have only heard negative comments so far. I want to now how it grows in the sac valley or near here.

ty

tim

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jacqueline9CA

Wow! I have never seen a rose with so many pics on HMF, and it is gorgeous! There are pics of it growing happily in San Jose and in San Juan Capistrano, CA - not Sac, but both places get pretty hot. I would think the extra heat would be OK, as it is so very double.

Jackie

Bookmark   September 26, 2012 at 8:21PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
strawchicago 5a IL(zone 5a)

I have CPM - we are in dry weather (70's day time). Harmonyp in CA grows CPM and she mentioned that she'll put it in partial shade for better color.

When we had hot temp. in 90-100 degrees, my CPM's bloom were whitish beige. She's in morning sun only. Now it's cooler, and her bloom is more yellowish - not quite yellow like Golden Cel.

I put tons of horse manure on CPM today, I expect that the potassium in horse manure will deepend CPM. Our temp. will go toward freezing in late November, I'll report if her color changes to orange.

She's a gallon size, own-root planted in May. She's very big now, at least 6' canes. She's best next to a wall. She won't make a good centerpiece, very long awkward canes. She consumes an ENORMOUS amount of water, I'm glad she gets morning sun only. Our sun here is getting weaker as we are heading toward late fall.

Bookmark   September 29, 2012 at 5:53PM
More Discussions
Rain!
For those of us in drought-stricken areas of California,...
Tessiess, SoCal Inland, 9b, 1272' elev
Proliferated roses and the fashion runway
Lots of fashions featuring red (HT) roses by Dolce...
stillanntn6b
What roses are you adding in 2015?
I have an order coming from Greenmantle Nursery soon...
Tessiess, SoCal Inland, 9b, 1272' elev
Roses good for bees
Hi friends, I'm trying to add more plants that provide...
mas_loves_roses1
Where are they now? (Francis Dubreuil & other MIA roses)
The previous threads on this topic (and a few others)...
vmr423
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™