WANTED: Plumerias--need some info

arenee(7)May 14, 2006

Does anyone grow plumerias? I have inherited 2 and I could use some info. They are about 3 ft. I've just planted them......so far no change....they look like antlers.

Renee

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tsmith2579(7B)

Renee, I bought some cuttings from a guy in the French Market in New Orleans a few years ago. I think they were 3 for $10. Two of them rooted and survived. I grew them about 3 or 4 years before I finally gave them to a friend. First, you must bring them inside every winter. They are not winter hardy here. Every winter they will go dormant and all leaves will drop off, looking like deer antlers. When it gets warm, they will sprout leaves. If I remember correctly, it must be very warm before the leaves start. Right now I would give them a good shot of fertilizer. Stoke's Tropicals catalog recommends 8-14-10 fertilizer. You could use 8-8-8 and give it a small extra shot of super-phosphate to bring up the middle number. I put mine in the sun and I watered daily. They are absolutely beautiful and smell so good. Have you tried the plumeria forum for more information here on Gardenweb? Good luck. - Terry

Bookmark   May 15, 2006 at 6:58PM
More Discussions
HAVE: For spring swap
I have ready to bring: Chocolate Mint (4) Spearmint...
alabamanicole
WANTED: "wandering jew" or "inch plant" wanted! clippings or pla
i am looking for any kind of plant belonging to theTradescantia...
alwaysgarden
WANTED: Fall 2013 Swap
Daylilies Irises Oakleaf Hydrangea Lacecap Hydrangea Phlox Hollyhocks Hostas Echinacea Lily...
ginger_s
HAVE: Fall Swap Trade List
Hosta I hace to trade: Kossa Regal - 1 fan pots Brim...
plantman71
HAVE: Free Plants in Montgomery: h. fulva 'Kwanso'
Free plants in Montgomery, AL - must dig and take all We...
tigerlily_al
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™