HAVE: These trades for the Spring'08 Plant Swap -

ourhighlandhomeMay 6, 2008

Please let me know if I've forgotten anyone or anything - it's been a hectic Spring...

Wayne - 'Winter Beauty' asiatic jasmine (unrooted cuttings), Itea virginica 'Saturnalia' (several small but healthy suckers), begonia 'Heron's Pirouette' (three 1-gal. pots)

Jody - agaves 'Macroculmis' (3-gal. pot) and parrasana pup, colocasias/alocasias 'Black Runner', 'Chicago Harlequin', 'Big Dipper', 'Fontanesii', 'Yellow Splash' ('Black Magic' didn't make it through the drought and cold weather), musa 'Mannii', xanthosoma's 'Green Dwarf' and 'Variegata'

Rosemary - I'm bringing about a 3-ft. tall musa 'Dwarf Cavendish' and smaller musa 'Mannii' for you if you haven't got them already; I'm looking for white ginger lilies and/or bold-colored daylilies if it isn't too late to ask; the bananas are yours regardless

Michelle - alocasia/colocasias 'Cucullata', 'Big Dipper', 'Fontanesii', 'Yellow Splash, "Mickey Mouse" taro, xanthosoma variegata (if it survives)

Lynn - alocasias/colocasias 'Yellow Splash', 'Portodora'

Susan - we don't have an "official trade" either, but I'm bringing your son a pitcher plant ('Tarnok'), and you some porcelain berry vine starts (if they make it), and a small pot of Pennisetum 'Little Bunny'; if you have any kalimeris or 'Big Ears' stachys it would be appreciated, if not please don't worry

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone Saturday, eatin' good barbeque and cruisin' the plant scene. Everyone please have a safe drive there and back! Let me know if there's anything else we can trade - my white butterfly gingers pretty much died out during last year's drought so I'm looking for replacements.

Nelson :-)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tedevore(7b Al)

Nelson,

I'm bringing you white butterfly gingers. And a small start of kalemeris.
Maybe another "surprise."

If you have an extra start of 'Heron's Pirouette' begonia, Id like that one.
If not forget it--already some of my favorite plants I got from you (and
terry & susan ;-)

Todd

Bookmark   May 7, 2008 at 12:59AM
roseyp8255(z8 - SC AL)

Sounsd good Nelson - I can DEFINITELY bring you lots of ginger lilies and a couple of the daylilies - you know i LOVE the bananas.

See you then!

Bookmark   May 7, 2008 at 7:51AM
browneyedsusan_gw(8a)

Nelson,

I didn't see any posts from you for a while and wondered if you were coming to the swap or not. I am glad you are.

I will bring the Big ears, Kalimeris and Hedychium coronaria-from a start that you gave me some years ago-if that's what you are looking for. I will also bring small xeric plants (that I started from seed) that might do well in your rock garden.

Have you heard from Tony or Deb?

Susan.

Bookmark   May 7, 2008 at 12:33PM
More Discussions
WANTED: Spring and Fall swaps
I am new to the gardening page and live in central...
horace
WANTED: Spring Swap 2013: Post trades here
I reserved the Beaver Pavilion at the Oak Mountain...
browneyedsusan_gw
WANTED: Have Luna Hibiscus seed, White
I have White Luna Hibiscus seeds. Would like to swap...
Carrie1961
HAVE: Snake Plant
I have Sanserieria Cylindrica - round snake plant. I...
plantman71
HAVE: Bamboo
I have 12 plugs of moso(timber bamboo) and 7 pugs of...
plantman71
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™