Mixed bag of iris

tony_pman(7b/8a Al.)July 9, 2005

A friend brought me a garbage bag of mixed iris to trade for her. She stated that she was too old to take care of them. Her kids wanted them, but wanted her to dig them and bring them to them. Probly wanted her to plant them also. She said, No way! Good for her. She has been collecting iris for many years and has a lots of kinds. I have no ideal what these are. She is looking for House plants that are easy to care for, and plants she can put in pots and leave outside during summer and put in basement in winter. I will trade in person(here), thru mail, or for Fall swap.

Tell me how many for each plant offered. Tony

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
roseyp8255(z8 - SC AL)

Tony - check out my houseplants on my picture gallery and see what she might like. Does she have enough light inside for Jade, etc.? I will be MORE than happy to trade for the iris. I could also bring her some pots of cannas or something, to have outside for summer & basement for winter.

I know that the begonias, the "pop lily" (spath family), the wandering jew, the prayer plnat, etc., will do well inside. The night-blooming cereus would do well outside for summer - would need a window for winter, not the basement. The Indian Rubber tree does well in front of a window...... Let's talk about it...email me

Here is a link that might be useful: my houseplants

Bookmark   August 14, 2005 at 2:36PM
More Discussions
have: june 7: graysville, al...in person trade
June 7, Graysville at 6:00 p.m. Come & Get 'Em!!!...
debbido4
HAVE: Fall Swap Trade List
Hosta I hace to trade: Kossa Regal - 1 fan pots Brim...
plantman71
HAVE: More for Spring Swap
I have lots of plants listed on my exchange page for...
plantman71
HAVE: Correct Email for Free Species Daylily Plants
We have about 20 plants of the species daylily known...
tigerlily_al
HAVE: For spring swap
I have ready to bring: Chocolate Mint (4) Spearmint...
alabamanicole
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™