WANTED: I'll be there-fall swap!!!

birdlady_10(z7b Ala)August 12, 2008

Feeling better every day.Thank you all for the well wishes! Still weak so it'll be a few days before I get out to see what I have.I know I'll bring a van load tho :O).I'm looking for hardy lantana,white iris,any daylilies,any hardy ferns,hardy grasses & some sun groundcovers.Besides what's on my trade page I know I have purple pickerel pond plant,a little water lily leafed floater but doesn't bloom,yellow hardy waterlily,papyrus(large).I'll have to wait to see what else.I have a lady coming to help me sort out the plants the end of this week.See you soon.Jan

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tedevore(7b Al)

Jan, I will bring you some hardy lantana ("Miss Huff") and some
hardy fountain grass (penstemon.)

So glad you are feeling better!

todd

Bookmark   August 15, 2008 at 8:12AM
birdlady_10(z7b Ala)

Found some shadta daisy,2 3 gal pots of black muscadine(cultivated-not wild),2 trumpet vines-not sure f color,top set multiplying onions,4 pale blue/lavendar butterfly bush.Probably more out there.
Jan

Bookmark   August 15, 2008 at 8:17PM
loveofmylife680(z7)

Glad you are feeling better.
Jill

Bookmark   August 16, 2008 at 11:12AM
browneyedsusan_gw(8a)

Jan, I am so glad you are feeling better and look forward to seeing you and Rosemary at the swap.

Susan.

Bookmark   August 17, 2008 at 10:18PM
tsmith2579(7B)

From I-65 (north or south) take Exit 250 to I-459 South. The signs say Tuscaloosa/Bessemer.
From the interchange go about 1 mile to Exit 13, US-31 South. Get into the far left hand turn lane at the exit ramp. There is a stop light at the bottom of the off ramp.

Turn left at the light and go under I-459 for 6/10ths mile. Stay in the same lane. Go through FOUR traffic lights. When you have gone through the fourth light, start looking for the left turn lane at the FIFTH traffic light.

This is the US-31 and "Lorna Rd - Hwy 150" intersection. Hanging in the middle of the intersection is a green sign saying . Turn left on to Lorna Road.

There are 4 cross streets on Lorna Road with a traffic light: (1) Lodge Drive (2) Data Drive (3) Centennial Drive. You will then make a big left hand curve and start down hill to the fourth cross street (4) Rocky Ridge Ranch Road. It is 9/10ths mile from Hwy 31 to Rocky Ridge Ranch Road. As soon as you have crossed Rocky Ridge Ranch Road, turn right into Aldridge Botanical Gardens. There are three aisles of parking. Drive to the garden gate and turn left, go over to the third aisle, turn let and drive back toward Lorna Rd. to the parking section which is parallel to and nearest to Lorna Road.

On Thursday I will make a map of the parking lot. If you need additional instruction or a copy of the parking map, let me know and I will email a copy.

Bookmark   August 26, 2008 at 8:04PM
More Discussions
HAVE: For Spring 2014 Swap
Gulf Coast Penstemon - light lilac blooms, comes back...
madabouteu
HAVE: Free Plants in Montgomery: h. fulva 'Kwanso'
Free plants in Montgomery, AL - must dig and take all We...
tigerlily_al
have: june 7: graysville, al...in person trade
June 7, Graysville at 6:00 p.m. Come & Get 'Em!!!...
debbido4
WANTED: Have Luna Hibiscus seed, White
I have White Luna Hibiscus seeds. Would like to swap...
Carrie1961
HAVE: Fall Swap - it's over and it was good
One of the best, it f not the best fall swaps we have...
plantman71
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™