upsidedown tomatoes

widowerJanuary 2, 2007

Have any of you tried to grow the upsidedown tomatoes? I tried it last year but did not have much success.Is this something of the future or just a fad?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7

If you do a 'search' right here in the garden web (all forums) you'll find that lots of folks in this community have tried it, with very mixed results. I'd certainly say that it is not a fad now,nor was it in the past, and won't be in the future, at least by my definition of the word fad.

I expect that those who had some success with this method will do it again, however.

Go to the 'Search' at the top of this forum (or any forum) and type in "Upside Down Tomatoes" as you search words. Then click 'all the forums' for the scope of search.

Bookmark   January 3, 2007 at 11:52AM
widower

Thanks a lot rhizo for the helpful information. I am new on this message board so any help will be greatly appreciated. I am retired and last year had a total of five gardens. Like to worked myself to death but enjoyed it very much. Am cutting down drastically this year. What I do plant will be in smaller quanities but better quality I hope. Sense I am alone I give the biggest part of my vegetables to dear friends and they all seem to appreciate it.

Bookmark   January 3, 2007 at 4:23PM
rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7

Be sure to report back if you decide to experiment with an upside-down tomato or two. Sharing personal experiences is just one more way of giving!

Bookmark   January 4, 2007 at 9:24AM
More Discussions
Another update on madabouteu - by madabouteu
For those who might wonder - I am still doing OK. Legs...
madabouteu
Did you know - GW now part of Houzz?
I guess word has gotten around by now, but I haven't...
outsideplaying_gw
AL has the best weeds (part II)
That thread was getting a bit long to load. Boy did...
alabamanicole
New to Dothan AL
Hi We have just recently moved to the south from Illinois...
joycie52
Veggies for Spring Swap
I am ordering seeds to grow vegetable starts for the...
madabouteu
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™