Storm

lsmcw(7b-AL)January 30, 2008

Got 1 1/2 " rain from the storms last night. The wind sounded like a hurricane and I heard a few trees crashing in the woods behind the house. Hopefully, they were the dead ones blowing over. It was still dark when I left for work so couldn't check. We're supposed to get a repeat tomorrow. Linda

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tsmith2579(7B)

It is good to hear from you. I didn't have the rain gauge out but we got a nice rain in Hueytown. The water in the bed of my truck was a solid chunk of ice this morning. I did have a small dead limb fall out of the water oak but that is the nature of a water oak.

Bookmark   January 30, 2008 at 6:06PM
tweetypye(z8/sc AL)

We got just over an inch in Elmore County, and small limbs down all over the place from the wind, but nothing major. So far so good with rainfall down here this Jan. Last nights rain brings us to 4 1/2 inches and we're supposed to get more tomorrow too.
Jan

Bookmark   January 30, 2008 at 7:15PM
squirrellypete(z7b AL)

Not sure how much rainfall we got but we did get some. The wind was the real killer. "Sounded like a hurricane" is fairly accurate. There are things strewn about all over the porch and yard this morning, limbs down from trees. Amazingly the power never went out but that wind really got scary for a while. I know we get some pretty nasty windy thunderstorms in the summer but last night I think was the worst I've seen here in the last 6 years. I hope it's not that bad tomorrow.

Danielle

Bookmark   January 30, 2008 at 9:39PM
trailrunnerbiker

The big rain hit here in Opelika and the wind did sound like a hurricane . I have been through a number of them starting with Betsy in N.O. We are doing well too with the rain for January . caroline

Bookmark   January 31, 2008 at 11:02AM
trailrunnerbiker

Huge storm again last night...the lightning was amazing. Wind and thunder. I am thinking that we may yet be able to call this drought history. I hope so. c

Bookmark   February 1, 2008 at 8:32PM
tweetypye(z8/sc AL)

Got another 1 1/10 inches here...brings my Jan. total to 5 1/2 inches. Ponds in this area have filled back up and Lake Martin has come up a few feet as well. I'm praying we continue to get some good rains and see the end of the drought also. At least this year has gotten off to a good start.
Jan

Bookmark   February 2, 2008 at 8:13PM
More Discussions
Another update on madabouteu - by madabouteu
For those who might wonder - I am still doing OK. Legs...
madabouteu
Merry Christmas!
Merry Christmas to all my fellow gardners.
jcalhoun
Fall Swap 2014
It's time to start thinking about the fall swap. We...
browneyedsusan_gw
Am I banned?
Twice lately I have posted a question and when checking...
topsiebeezelbub
AL has the best weeds (part II)
That thread was getting a bit long to load. Boy did...
alabamanicole
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™