Corn gluten meal

swjonthebay(8b Alabama)January 27, 2013

Does anyone know where I can purchase corn gluten meal in Mobile or Baldwin counties? I checked with St. Elmo seed and feed--they don't carry it. They were kind enough to call one other establishment looking for it and that was a no go as well. Any pointers appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bulzi(8a)

I purchased Corn gluten meal at a farmers co-op here several years ago under another name, trying to keep weeds from coming up in potted plants. I have tried to find the name of that brand with no luck,sorry. With all the plant nurseries in your area you should be able to find it at a co-op. You may get Lowes to look it up and order it for you. They are good in trying to please in costumer service.

Bookmark   February 3, 2013 at 12:31AM
bulzi(8a)

swjonthebay, have you found a supplier for corn gluten meal? Just wondering.

Bookmark   February 10, 2013 at 2:47PM
swjonthebay(8b Alabama)

Bulzi, thank you for responding and please forgive me for being tardy in responding back!

No, I have not found a supplier yet but your mention of nurseries has pointed me in a new direction...I'l give them a try.

Bookmark   February 11, 2013 at 7:20PM
outsideplaying_gw(7)

Last year I noticed Preen carried a product specifically for the vegetable garden. When I looked at the ingredients it was corn gluten. It was pricey and I suspect, as bulzi mentioned, you could get it cheaper at a farmer's co-op, which is where I have purchased it previously also.

Bookmark   February 15, 2013 at 9:21AM
More Discussions
New to Dothan AL
Hi We have just recently moved to the south from Illinois...
joycie52
Anyone grow bleeding hearts?
I have killed several bleeding hearts over the years....
raestr
Buckle your seatbelts, Alabama!
Are you ready for a little snow? Or a lot? I went...
rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
South AL/N FL swap?
The one up north sounds so awesome but is too far for...
Tiffany, purpleinopp GardenWeb, Z8b Opp, AL
Update on Kenneth/madabouteu
Just wanted to let you know that Kenneth is in UAB...
catbird
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™