A sign of spring, maybe..........

tweetypye(z8/sc AL)February 7, 2006

I know that winter seems to finally have arrived in Alabama, but I wanted to share a bit of "hope" that spring is just around the corner. :)

I have been watching a pair of eastern bluebirds, checking out the nesting boxes in my garden this morning. Could this possibly mean that spring is almost here?

I sure hope so. I'm ready for lots of green, and beautiful blooms.

Jan

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tsmith2579(7B)

Yep, I've got yellow bell forsythia amd daffodil blooms, quince and ornamental peach in bloom down the block. Saucer magnolias are showing color. The craziest thing is an alocasia leaf are pushing through the leaf mulch.

Bookmark   February 7, 2006 at 8:21PM
michelle11(z7 AL)

I'm jealous! My forsythia isn't doing anything, my daffodils are just beginning to peak above the earth, and there is not a sign of color anywhere in my yard. On the other hand, it is nice to finally feel like we are having winter (is it too late to wish for snow?)

Bookmark   February 7, 2006 at 9:44PM
roseyp8255(z8 - SC AL)

If it is gonna be this cold, it dang sure BETTER snow - and kill the bugs! I too have daffodils blooming - etc., etc. Course, I live just down the road from TweetyPye - so we "share" the same weather....

Bookmark   February 7, 2006 at 10:37PM
tweetypye(z8/sc AL)

Yep, daffs blooming here also, camillias are gorgeous, japanese magnolia showing some color, flowering quince, some of my forsythias blooming, and my "thrift" has been blooming since mid January.
Rosey, I saw on the weather that we are supposed to have rain mixed with snow this Saturday!!! Waaaaaaa....I hate cold weather!!!!!!!
Jan

Bookmark   February 8, 2006 at 8:51AM
More Discussions
Evergreen Hedge
I need help figuring out what tree/bush that I could...
cruiser4life
Buckle your seatbelts, Alabama!
Are you ready for a little snow? Or a lot? I went...
rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
Spring Swap 2015: food sign ups
Please sign up here to bring food to the May 16 spring...
browneyedsusan_gw
Anyone grow bleeding hearts?
I have killed several bleeding hearts over the years....
raestr
trade list
where are profiles and trade lists ? wayne
mws366
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™