Butterfly gardening presentation

madabouteu(8A - central Alabama)February 19, 2013

Last Thursday I gave a presentation to the local Sierra Club chapter on butterfly gardening, and the local newspaper printed an article about it. That brought in a fair number of non-members, and maybe got some people started into this kind of gardening. I introduced them to stratification and winter sowing, along with introducing them to local species of butterflies and their host plants. Here is a link to the article, if anyone would like to read it:
http://www.gadsdentimes.com/article/20130211/NEWS/130219979

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bulzi(8a)

Mr. Quinn, enjoyed seeing behind the scenes of a' poster' on the Garden Web.....a lot more than meets the eye. Very nice article giving input on a very accomplished person who not only gets down and gets dirty but has traveled the world over. This web site is great. Better than TV.

Bookmark   February 20, 2013 at 11:46PM
madabouteu(8A - central Alabama)

I never got rich, but I have had lots of fun and adventures along the way! The stories I could tell....

Bookmark   February 21, 2013 at 6:53AM
catbird(z7 AL)

The rest of the story is that Kenneth (madabouteu) got involved in Master Gardeners in Gadsden through Gardenweb. When Katrina washed him out of New Orleans, he decided to move back to Gadsden where he grew up. We connected through Gardenweb at about the time I was retiring and was signing up for the MG class. I urged him to sign up, too, He did and has been a real mainstay of MGs ever since. You can make a lot of good friends here.

Bookmark   February 21, 2013 at 6:14PM
More Discussions
Just logged in to say goodbye
The new site didn't recognize me as sundog7, but wouldn't...
gmwaid
Living willow tunnel
I want to build a living tunnel in the backyard for...
hoover67
anyone know muscadines?
Hi all: I bought two muscadines at a big box store...
MiKru
Merry Christmas!
Merry Christmas to all my fellow gardners.
jcalhoun
Bundle up, Alabama!
Three dog night coming up, for sure. Hope no one loses...
rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™