Storms

pfllh(8Al)March 14, 2006

I hope everyone is safe. We got some wind but nothing bad just a lot of rain. Will probably have a few lakes in my yard by morning.

Take care

Lynn

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Frog_hollow_lady(8Al)

Hi Lynn...Have not been to the greenhouse yet..still on first cup of coffee...RAIN.. yes we got some..lol...BUT like a FOOL I watered for about 2 hours last night...moved my 100 or so brugs, that are hardened off so they could get more water...Did they get enough last night?..lol.. SOOOO today will be putting my tender tropicals in the greenhouse for tonight..

Is this crazy weather.....Jody

Bookmark   March 14, 2006 at 7:21AM
scandia(7)

It has been strange weather..Even up here in Northern AL.
Warm one day then COLD at night..Humid and warm yesterday. This morning it is COLD...

Bookmark   March 14, 2006 at 7:55AM
tsmith2579(7B)

It was windy and coolish all afternoon here and then about dark I took Smokey out for his evening walk. It was warmer, humid, the wind had died down and it was as still as a tomb. I've been in too many tornados and I knew this wasn't a good omen. Supposedly one passed over Hueytown. Thank goodness they all stayed in the sky and didn't touch down in JEFFCO except for slight damage in Fultondale, up close to the city landfill. They had a brief touch-down, wind shear or was it straight line winds? Just slight damage.

Bookmark   March 16, 2006 at 12:43PM
Frog_hollow_lady(8Al)

If I could get the good Lord above to put 20-20-20 in the rain.. I would have it made..lol

Bookmark   March 17, 2006 at 11:11PM
pfllh(8Al)

Jody, the way you can grow plants you don't need the 20-20-20!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :O)
So glad no one has reported being in a tornado. It looks like the cold and I mean cold is coming back next week! How about someone setting up heaters in my yard since everything is blooming or coming up good???
Lynn

Bookmark   March 18, 2006 at 1:32AM
Frog_hollow_lady(8Al)

NOOOOOOOO....I just planted a trailer full of plants...Roby put in fence post from that old corral so I can put wire around them and plant some of my viners..BUT my plants have been hardened for about a week...come on heat.....lol..and yes Lynn.. I come to your house with cutters in hand...lol

Bookmark   March 18, 2006 at 8:11PM
More Discussions
Living willow tunnel
I want to build a living tunnel in the backyard for...
hoover67
Alabama Red Clay Soil
Hi I am new to gardening and want advice on how to...
hello459
american ginseng
Just wondering if anyone else here messes with this...
notascrename
Another update on madabouteu - by madabouteu
For those who might wonder - I am still doing OK. Legs...
madabouteu
Spring Swap 2015
Ken's message about veggies reminded me that we need...
browneyedsusan_gw
Sponsored Products
Raw Turquoise One-Light 9.25-Inch Outdoor Wall Sconce with Storm Cloud Center Cu
$151.20 | Bellacor
Averill Red 18 x 18 Floral Throw Pillow
$57.95 | Bellacor
Home Decorators Collection Cushions Red Sunbrella Outdoor Bench Cushion
$52.00 | Home Depot
Chelsea Harbor Pendant Lantern
Lightology
Greek Key Storm Giclee Pendant Chandelier
Lamps Plus
Target Darts Perfect Storm Steel Tip Darts - 128080
$86.99 | Hayneedle
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™