Planting Brugs outside?

bamakrautie(z8AL)March 11, 2006

Hi, I am new to gardening and I wonder if it would be too early to plant my Angel's Trumpets already outside/ I got twi healthy cuttlings from last year which I would like to put in the yard. Any suggestions?

Thank you

MAnu

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
roseyp8255(z8 - SC AL)

I think you probably would need to wait until after the last frost in your area. I am new to brugs - got some last year, have a few in the yard, but most of them i have babied in the Greenhouse over the winter. I do plan to put them in the ground this year though.

Terry - Deb - Tony - you might want to toss them some of your knowledge on this - since yours do GREAT a zone north of me! :)

Bookmark   March 11, 2006 at 9:31AM
tsmith2579(7B)

Well, I uncovered some of my brugs today. They already have some green sprouts. I removed the leaf mulch but I kept the black flower pots nearby as covers just in case we have a frost. The 10 day forecast is calling for 37 degrees one night next week so I may have to cover them as a precaution. Otherwise, the 10 day forecast shows good temps. Just remember, we had a frost on March 31 a couple of years ago, the first frost since Feb. 15. On April 4, 1985 we had snow in the peach blossoms here in metro Birmingham. Will we have another hard freeze? I doubt it. If you plant them in the ground, be sure they are well drained and you can cover them.

Bookmark   March 11, 2006 at 8:52PM
bamakrautie(z8AL)

Thank you for the tips, i guess I will wait unil mid April, just to be on the safe side.
Bye Manu

Bookmark   March 12, 2006 at 7:42PM
loveofmylife680(z7)

Manu, You need to come to the plant swap even if you do not have anything to swap, I went to the fall one and found out so much about different plants that I didnt know. Alot of people that come to the swap have alot of knowledge about plants.
Jill

Bookmark   March 15, 2006 at 10:40AM
daisyaday31(z7 NE AL)

Not about Brugs but when the plant swap is. Everyone talks about it but not when it is. Info would be appreciated.
Thanks, Ruth

Bookmark   April 25, 2006 at 10:22PM
tsmith2579(7B)

Daisy, it is May 20. Look at the Alabama Exchange page for details. Hope your coming! - Terry

Bookmark   April 27, 2006 at 9:52PM
More Discussions
Buckle your seatbelts, Alabama!
Are you ready for a little snow? Or a lot? I went...
rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
Spring swap, from Todd
I can't figure out how to access my trade list (don't...
tedevore
trade list
where are profiles and trade lists ? wayne
mws366
Evergreen Hedge
I need help figuring out what tree/bush that I could...
cruiser4life
Just logged in to say goodbye
The new site didn't recognize me as sundog7, but wouldn't...
gmwaid
Sponsored Products
Safavieh Runner: Organica Assorted 2' x 8'
$54.00 | Home Depot
Fabbian | Giunco Ceiling Light
YLighting
Laura Ashley 84" Tall Willow Ficus with Multiple Trunks in 16" Fiberstone Plante
Overstock.com
Red Carpet Studios Wrought Iron Chimes - 10802
$31.80 | Hayneedle
Vlek Pot
FRONTGATE
Rotoluxe | Rotoluxeâ„¢ Chubbie Planter - Indoor Use
YLiving.com
Rose Bowl
$9.99 | zulily
ES Robbins Desk Pads & Blotters Natural Origins Black BioBased 19 in. x 24 in.
$20.30 | Home Depot
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™