bright yellow sedum 'ogon'

jeff_alMarch 20, 2009

planted this sedum last year and am finding it to be a good one. it has spread to over twice the dia. of the size when it was planted, but wouldn't call it aggressive. it can be easily propagated from stem cuttings. the more sun it gets, the more yellow it becomes. kinda glows when the low-horizon sun is shining on it in early morning and late afternoon. color changes to a yellow-green in winter.

i think it looks nice with the brilliant blue lithodora flowers and the powder blue ipheion. 'blue spruce' sedum creeping in behind the lithodora. both of these sedums seem to do well in either full or partial(3-4 hrs.) sun.

(click for larger image)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ourhighlandhome

Hi Jeff!

'Ogon' is a nice, versatile little sedum. I have several red/purple-leaved Japanese maples that I grow in containers, and 'Ogon' is beautiful growing underneath them. Like you mentioned, it takes partial shade very well.

Nelson

Bookmark   March 20, 2009 at 8:51PM
tweetypye(z8/sc AL)

Wow Jeff, that is gorgeous. Love that bright yellow green and your grouping with the blues is just perfect.
Thanks for sharing your photos.
Jan

Bookmark   March 22, 2009 at 10:08PM
jeff_al

hi nelson, jan.
i am finding that i can work sedums into the garden easily. they are tough, colorful plants for small, difficult areas. 'ogon' is just so bright that you can't overlook it and i really like yellow/chartreuse, esp. in spring.

jeff

Bookmark   March 24, 2009 at 10:35AM
More Discussions
Veggies for Spring Swap
I am ordering seeds to grow vegetable starts for the...
madabouteu
Good custom fence company-Etowah/calhoun county
I have struggled with the decision of whether or not...
zelenkabach
Update on Kenneth/madabouteu
Just wanted to let you know that Kenneth is in UAB...
catbird
Goodbye GardenWed Gardners...
Just logged in to say goodbye... This will be my first...
mrdoitall
Did you know - GW now part of Houzz?
I guess word has gotten around by now, but I haven't...
outsideplaying_gw
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™