ladybugs

loveofmylife680(z7)March 25, 2008

Does anyone know where you can get ladybugs around the B'ham area. I was going to order them but shipping is $35.00 min. I have aphids on my daylilies already and spraying with water is not doing the trick plus I know my little girl would love to release the ladybugs.

Jill B.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kate6(z7 bhm)

I ordered some a few years ago (for the heck of it) from http://www.growquest.com/ladybugs.htm and I checked right now they are only $6.99 for 1500. That's about what I paid. They arrived healthy and hungry!

We also live in Bham, and were out in the country on Good Friday and captured a TON of them and brought home to my garden, which you can see on my blog, www.mylittleplot.wordpress.com
They are laying lots of eggs already!

Bookmark   April 3, 2008 at 12:47AM
loveofmylife680(z7)

Kate , I broke down and bought some from a place out west. I got them today and the paper said to water the plants then just release a few every day. Have to keep them in the frig. when I need some I just carry the bag outside with a sponn and release them. My little girl just loves this task. They will keep in the frig up to 2 weeks. LOL got to hide them when my mother in law comes over she would freak out.
Jill

Bookmark   April 3, 2008 at 10:03PM
mcgardenertx

BEFORE CONSIDERING GROWQUEST: read other forums about them. The owner has stolen thousands from people.

Bookmark   July 26, 2010 at 1:21PM
tsmith2579(7B)

Check Myer's in Pelham. They have carried them in the past.

Bookmark   July 26, 2010 at 10:49PM
More Discussions
Another update on madabouteu - by madabouteu
For those who might wonder - I am still doing OK. Legs...
madabouteu
anyone know muscadines?
Hi all: I bought two muscadines at a big box store...
MiKru
Fall Swap 2014
It's time to start thinking about the fall swap. We...
browneyedsusan_gw
Anyone grow bleeding hearts?
I have killed several bleeding hearts over the years....
raestr
New to Dothan AL
Hi We have just recently moved to the south from Illinois...
joycie52
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™