Looking for Japanese Loquat

john_trussville(z7b AL)March 17, 2010

If anyone sees any japanese loquats at any B'ham area nursery, please let me know. H.D. or Lowes usually has them, but didn't ever see any last year.

I had several growing at my old house in Trussville, but they were all too big to try & transplant to my new home in Alabaster.

Thanks in advance for any tips!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ourhighlandhome

Hi John!

Next time you visit "Hazel's" see if Joseph has any potted up. That's where I purchased mine, but I don't recall seeing any in the last couple of years.

Hope to "accidentally" see you again soon - it's been a while! Hope you are well and enjoying your new home.

Nelson

Bookmark   March 17, 2010 at 8:58PM
john_trussville(z7b AL)

Hey Nelson,

Last summer I asked Joseph about the two or three that he has setting around, but he said he didn't want to sell any of them. Please let me know if you see any around anywhere.

Alicia & I stopped in at Hazel's a few times last year, but never could seem to catch you there. But I'm sure we'll cross paths again, sooner or later. Hope you're doing well, too.

john

Bookmark   March 17, 2010 at 10:50PM
jeff_al

i've got one that is quite large (about 10' tall) that i grew from seed not too many years ago. they grow extremely fast if you have a seed source. mine has never produced fruit. i guess the flowers suffer freeze damage to the point that they won't develop into fruit but i sure like the looks of the tree itself.

Bookmark   March 23, 2010 at 10:33AM
john_trussville(z7b AL)

Finally found loquats today at Hannah's Nursery out on Hwy 280.....nice 3gal size fresh off the truck for $19.99.

Bookmark   April 3, 2010 at 11:41PM
More Discussions
Alabama Red Clay Soil
Hi I am new to gardening and want advice on how to...
hello459
Interactive USDA Zone Map
I ran across this neat map that lets you zoom almost...
ourhighlandhome
South AL/N FL swap?
The one up north sounds so awesome but is too far for...
Tiffany, purpleinopp GardenWeb, Z8b Opp, AL
Merry Christmas!
Merry Christmas to all my fellow gardners.
jcalhoun
Spring Swap 2015
Ken's message about veggies reminded me that we need...
browneyedsusan_gw
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™