Black Upright Ele. Ears

plantman71(7b/8a)March 20, 2013

Went to Walmart and Lowes in Gardendale today. Both had Black Upright Elep/ Ears for 4.50. There was 2, 8 to 10" elep. ears to each pot. Had tag that said Black Magic.
If you want one and can't find them and are coming to plant swap. LMK and I will get one for you. Tony

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Nonasmosas(7b)

Hi Tony Where is the Plant swap and when.....thanks Cindi

Bookmark   March 21, 2013 at 1:34PM
mattie108

That's good to know, Tony! After the sleet/snow they're predicting tonight has moved out, I'm going to go to my Lowe's here in Huntsville and see if they also have them. Too bad I'm not closer to Gardendale. Do you know if Black Magic tolerates sun better than the big floppy green elephant ears do?

Bookmark   March 21, 2013 at 4:15PM
plantman71(7b/8a)

Mattie, This is not Black Magic. Black Magic looks like the big floppy ones, except with black leaves. This one has leaves that go stright up, with black shiny leaves. This is a harder to fine Elep Ear and usually cost more. I have been growing one in the sun for about 2 years.
Your EMail is blocked.
Tony

Bookmark   March 21, 2013 at 5:02PM
plantman71(7b/8a)

Mattie, This is not Black Magic. Black Magic looks like the big floppy ones, except with black leaves. This one has leaves that go stright up, with black shiny leaves. This is a harder to fine Elep Ear and usually cost more. I have been growing one in the sun for about 2 years.
Your EMail is blocked.
Tony

Bookmark   March 21, 2013 at 5:19PM
mattie108

Thanks, Tony. Actually, the upright kind is the one I want, but I haven't really looked for it yet. I thought you were saying that it's called Black Magic. Anyway, thanks again. I think I fixed the email thing.

Bookmark   March 22, 2013 at 11:17AM
More Discussions
Just logged in to say goodbye
The new site didn't recognize me as sundog7, but wouldn't...
gmwaid
Anyone grow bleeding hearts?
I have killed several bleeding hearts over the years....
raestr
Evergreen Hedge
I need help figuring out what tree/bush that I could...
cruiser4life
Did you know - GW now part of Houzz?
I guess word has gotten around by now, but I haven't...
outsideplaying_gw
Living willow tunnel
I want to build a living tunnel in the backyard for...
hoover67
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™