North and Central Alabama plant swap

catbird(z7 AL)March 8, 2011

Since AL is a tall state and it's hard for people from North AL to get to a swap in South AL and vice versa, we're planning two swaps now. The folks in the middle part of the state can go to either or both. Either group will welcome new swappers. New gardeners don't have to bring anything. Just come meet everyone and see how it all works. Most people bring lots of extra plants that they are happy to share with newbies to help them get started, so you'll probably go home with a trunk full of plants.

On prior threads, most of the North AL people who have responded have said that April 16 works best for them and that they'd like to meet at Guntersville. Please chime in as to whether that time and place work for you and whether you plan to attend so we can make some arrangements. We also need to start posting trade lists on the Exchange Page and post notices here when we do.

Guntersville is a lovely area and there are several delightful places to meet. We can eat at Wentzel's Oyster House (they do serve things besides oysters) or Top of the River and I assume there are other places around there. Who lives in that area and can tell us about that?

Here is a link that might be useful: For link to Exchange pages

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
catbird(z7 AL)

Apparently the "Central Alabama Swap" is going to be at Oak Mountain State Park on May 17. That's not too far South for our area and the date works for me. Since no one seems to be pushing for one at Guntersville, I think I'll go to the one at Oak Mountain. Maybe we can do Guntersville some other time.

Here is a link that might be useful: Central Alabama Swap May 14

Bookmark   March 11, 2011 at 11:17PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
outsideplaying_gw(7)

So is the Guntersville swap off this year? If not I can give some suggestions for restaurants depending on where the swap will be held.

Bookmark   March 13, 2011 at 11:10AM
More Discussions
Interactive USDA Zone Map
I ran across this neat map that lets you zoom almost...
ourhighlandhome
american ginseng
Just wondering if anyone else here messes with this...
notascrename
Pruning pampas grass
Is it too late to cut back my pampas grass? I live...
jen6747
Buckle your seatbelts, Alabama!
Are you ready for a little snow? Or a lot? I went...
rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
Good custom fence company-Etowah/calhoun county
I have struggled with the decision of whether or not...
zelenkabach
Sponsored Products
Robert Abbey 31" Coffee Ceramic and Silver Table Lamp
Lamps Plus
Kichler North Creek Craftsman-Mission Outdoor Wall Light
1800Lighting
Concavo Clear Glass 8-inch x 40-inch Shelf Kit with Brackets
Overstock.com
Innit | Zica Table
YLiving.com
Downhome Botanical Arrangement
$599.00 | FRONTGATE