Possible rain for the Swap day?

tweetypye(z8/sc AL)April 27, 2009

I know it's a week away, but the weather channel has scattered thunderstorms in the forecast for Fri., Sat., and Sun. this week. I was just wondering if we have a backup plan for the swap just in case the weather doesn't cooperate for us Saturday? I'd sure hate to dig all the dl's I've traded and not be able to get them to everyone.

Jan

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
red50(7b)

Yes, that has me worried too. But we do need more rain, just hope it arrives before Saturday. Yesterday morning, I tilled up a new bed, could not believe how dry the soil was. I did get several things planted. Joyce

Bookmark   April 27, 2009 at 10:05AM
tweetypye(z8/sc AL)

My soil hasn't dried out yet, but we are beginning to need more rain. Maybe it'll hold off for Sat. and rain Sat. night and Sunday. I've got lots of dl's to dig Friday, don't want to do that in the rain!! :)
Jan

Bookmark   April 27, 2009 at 11:43AM
telly2(7 b - Alabama)

Tonight's forecast for the weekend said only a 30% chance of rain (at least for the Bham area). Maybe if it rains at all, it will be the typical summer timing, in the afternoon rather than in the a.m.

Bookmark   April 27, 2009 at 10:11PM
tweetypye(z8/sc AL)

Yep, they are now saying small chances of afternoon pop up showers so we should be fine, although I wouldn't mind a good shower once the swap is finished. We're getting a little dry with all these high temps this week.
Jan

Bookmark   April 28, 2009 at 7:44AM
tsmith2579(7B)

We've had rain before. Just bring a BIG umbrella. Look at the bright side, there is a 30% chance of rain and 70% chance it won't.

Bookmark   April 28, 2009 at 12:21PM
More Discussions
New to Dothan AL
Hi We have just recently moved to the south from Illinois...
joycie52
american ginseng
Just wondering if anyone else here messes with this...
notascrename
Spring Swap 2015: food sign ups
Please sign up here to bring food to the May 16 spring...
browneyedsusan_gw
Veggies for Spring Swap
I am ordering seeds to grow vegetable starts for the...
madabouteu
trade list
where are profiles and trade lists ? wayne
mws366
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™