HSV - Plants for Kidney Dialysis Care & Free Clinic 4/15 - 4/17

meadow_lark(7)April 6, 2005

I hope it's okay that I post this... just to let people know... (I am not affiliated with any part of this sale IÂm just a GARDENING FOOL!)

Next weekend: Friday, April 15th - Sunday, April 17th, is a plant sale that benefits Kidney Dialysis Patients and The Community Free Clinic in the Madison County area.

The sale is at the Huntsville Wholesale Nursery on the corner of Leeman Ferry Road and Johnson Road.

The Huntsville Wholesale Nursery is donated for the entire weekend, and gets NO financial benefit. The monies are all donated for medical care!!!

The hours are:

Friday: 9:00 am - 5 pm

Saturday: 8:00 am - 5 pm

Sunday: 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm

The address is: 3252 Leeman Ferry Road

They have annuals, perennials, shrubs, sod, trees and mulch. I went last year and bought several perennials, and a flowering almond that is in GORGEOUS bloom right now!

This is a GREAT cause! Dialysis is VERY expensive, and many people who need it cannot work and/or have no insurance. Medicare does not pay for medication or transportation. The Clinic provides free medical care to those who need itÂ

Thanx Meadow Lark

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
arab_gal(z7 AL)

Oooh!! I have heard about this, but never attended. I will send this to everyone I know.

MeadowLark - we may bump into one another and we won't even know it!

Thanks for the notice.

Bookmark   April 6, 2005 at 2:58PM
pfllh(8Al)

I think it's great you posted this. This would be a great opportunity to get new plants and benefits are twofold.
THANK YOU
Lynn in Prattville

Bookmark   April 6, 2005 at 11:11PM
margaret7(7 No. AL)

Hi! I normally just lurk but I needed to say this. It's great to support the clinic, and they have some nice plants. I only want to warn against ordering anything to be delivered. I ordered, and paid for, 10 yards of soil conditioner to be delivered this past Monday. Still no delivery. They didn't call. I had to call them several times. Yesterday afternoon they said they'd be here first thing this morning. I finally canceled today and ordered from someone else. I have dozens of plants I dug up last weekend and I'm trying to keep them alive. I'm a bit angry. Sorry for the rant. Thought others might want to know.
Margaret

Bookmark   April 15, 2005 at 12:13PM
bama35640(Z7A AL)

I going in about an hour during lunch I can almost walk there I work so close.

Bob

Bookmark   April 15, 2005 at 12:33PM
meadow_lark(7)

Bob,

Please check back in if you can, and let us know what they have! (I can't get out there until tomorrow morning...)

Thanx! Meadow Lark

Bookmark   April 15, 2005 at 12:35PM
bama35640(Z7A AL)

Lots of bedding plants, herbs and about anything you want! I got away ok really didn't need anything more to plant have 25 banana trees to plant over the weekend and just finished a bunch of E ears that I split and grew in the greenhouse over the winter but got a nice flat of assorted salvia and a flat of assorted vinca. Lots of volunteers there and a good turnout.

Bob

Bookmark   April 15, 2005 at 1:37PM
More Discussions
New to Dothan AL
Hi We have just recently moved to the south from Illinois...
joycie52
Goodbye GardenWed Gardners...
Just logged in to say goodbye... This will be my first...
mrdoitall
trade list
where are profiles and trade lists ? wayne
mws366
Buckle your seatbelts, Alabama!
Are you ready for a little snow? Or a lot? I went...
rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
Spring swap, from Todd
I can't figure out how to access my trade list (don't...
tedevore
Sponsored Products
Jaipur Notion Tori Area Rug - RUG111261
$132.00 | Hayneedle
Truly Romance Faux-Floral Arrangement - WHITE
$485.00 | Horchow
Oversized Ladder Style Teak Plant Stand
Signature Hardware
Jaipur Naturals Tobago Aboo Area Rug - RUG112471
$62.00 | Hayneedle
Jaipur Bedouin Amman Flat Weave Tribal Pattern Hemp/Jute Handmade Rug Multicolor
$58.00 | Hayneedle
Eangee Mini Square Purple Accent Lamp
$56.91 | Lamps Plus
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™