Looking for cuttings for the New York Heritage Rose District

malcolm_mannersOctober 27, 2011

Hi folks,

As you may know, the New York Heritage Rose District, mostly in Harlem, of many plantings of heritage roses, with lots of volunteer work from the Heritage Rose Foundation, among other groups. We at Florida Southern College have propagated around 400 roses for the project so far, and we're about to start another large batch of cuttings. But four varieties they'd like to have in the project, that I have no source of, are:

Gallica officinalis

Kazanlik

Felicite perpute (I'm not sure if they mean Felicite Parmentier or Felicite et Perpetue, by this typo -- am looking into that)

Mme. Hardy

Wondering if any of you may be able to provide some leafy stem cuttings of any of these? You could ship to us at FSC, and we would propagate them and provide them to NYC. Please let me know if you'd like to contribute. Thanks!

Malcolm M. Manners, Ph.D.

Professor, Horticultural Science

Florida Southern College

Lakeland

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
malcolm_manners

Oops, that first sentence should have read "...mostly in Harlem, consists of many plantings...." I should proof-read better before submitting.

Bookmark   October 27, 2011 at 10:23PM
Mendocino_Rose(z8 N CA.)

Hi Malcolm, I have Madame Hardy, Felicite et Perpetue, and Felicite Parmentier. I'd be happy to contribute.

Bookmark   October 28, 2011 at 10:05AM
rosefolly

I was going to say that I have Mme Hardy, but she beat me to it! Let me know if you need it from more than one source.

Rosefolly

Bookmark   October 28, 2011 at 11:40AM
malcolm_manners

MendocinoRose -- I don't see any way here to private message or email you. But yes, thanks! It's all a volunteer effort, so I can't offer postage, etc., but if you'd like to contribute, please email me (mmanners@flsouthern.edu) and we'll make arrangements. Thanks!

Rosefolly -- I did email you.

Malcolm

Bookmark   October 28, 2011 at 12:42PM
More Discussions
Duchesse de Brabant: Evaluation and Photos
Accidentally put this on the "Roses Forum"...
Sow_what? Southern California Inland
Tell me about the Noisette rose La Biche 1832
I obtained a beautiful 5 gal plant of the old Noisette...
fogrose
William R. Smith
Does anyone know how this compares to Maman Cochet...
titian1 10b
Peach Silk
Seem to recall a thread about Peach Silk recently....
alameda/zone 8
Proliferated roses and the fashion runway
Lots of fashions featuring red (HT) roses by Dolce...
stillanntn6b
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™