Mystery Rose

scandia(7)May 21, 2006

A OLD house has been torn down about 8 miles from my house. I managed to get permission from the contractor/owner to dig up some old plants.

I dug up some daylily...not sure what it is, it has not bloomed yet, some bulbs and some roses.

I have seen this same rose growing like crazy in misc. wild areas..

The blooms are little (about an inch), multi petal, bright pink roses. And they grow into HUGE bushes. A friend of mine has a rose exactly like this pink one but hers are bright yellow. She said it is a wild rose...hummmmmm

I cannot post a picture right now.

Hopefully someone can help me identify the rose without a picture...Does anybody know what kind of rose this is???

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
terramadre

Do the roses look like these? I have no idea what they are but I see them along the roads.

The folks on the Name That Plant Forum may be able to id this one. You could also try the Name That Rose Forum.

Bookmark   May 21, 2006 at 5:05PM
tsmith2579(7B)

You may have the old Caldwell Pink rose. Do the older blooms had a slightly lavender color to them? Do a Google for Caldwell Pink. - Terry

Bookmark   May 21, 2006 at 11:15PM
terramadre

Terry,
I can only comment about the rose in the above pic. It fits the description of the unnamed climber, blooming only once in the spring.Caldwell Pink blooms continuously from mid-spring until killing frost.
I hope that scandia will let us know if her found rose continuous to bloom.

Here is a link that might be useful: Unsung Hero in the Rose Garden

Bookmark   May 22, 2006 at 7:47AM
sharong

I have seen this rose too growing along Hwy. 14 in Prattville. I went there a few days later and the grass was cut, and the roses were gone. :( I too wanted to ID it.
Sharon

Bookmark   May 27, 2007 at 9:16AM
More Discussions
Merry Christmas!
Merry Christmas to all my fellow gardners.
jcalhoun
AL has the best weeds (part II)
That thread was getting a bit long to load. Boy did...
alabamanicole
Update on Kenneth/madabouteu
Just wanted to let you know that Kenneth is in UAB...
catbird
Living willow tunnel
I want to build a living tunnel in the backyard for...
hoover67
Moving from Ohio to Alabama
We will be moving sometime this year to northern Alabama,...
ediej1209
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™