I'm back

flowersrme(z7AL)May 7, 2009

Just wanted to say hello to everyone. Who remembers me?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
daffodillady(7b/8a central AL)

I don't think that I have met you, but I have a seven month old 3/4 Pom 1/4 Chihuahua that is also trying very hard to fill that empty spot caused when my daughter moved out. She is such a joy (well, actually, both the daughter AND the dog are a joy-LOL!!). Welcome back....hope to see you at the fall swap....

Bookmark   May 8, 2009 at 9:56AM
catbird(z7 AL)

Welcome back. An empty nest isn't all bad. It's fun to see life through your children's eyes as they go out into the world and if you love gardening, you'll find plenty to keep you busy. You might want to sign up to take the Master Gardener class in your area. You'll learn a lot, have fun, and make great contacts with other gardeners.

Here is a link that might be useful: Info about Master Gardener classes

Bookmark   May 8, 2009 at 11:04AM
flowersrme(z7AL)

Oh that empty nest thing was when I first signed up yrs back. I got out for awhile due to the grandbaby being born and my daughter going thru a divorce. We live in different states. I used to go to the spring and fall trades. I think its been 3yrs since I been. I used to have so many plants but not anymore. I had a couple of var brugs but they didn't come back. I think it was snowbank and maya. Had lots of different ears. Maybe they died from lack of water or not hardy or weeds choking them out . when you are gone from home for awhile the weeds love you. have to have the allergy test done. Highly allergic to cats and dogs so my co worker has all 3 of my babies and now I have 10 kittens and the 2 mama cats are not even mine. My husband told me not to feed them but they were hungry. 2 of them has a bob tail. what am I going to do?

Bookmark   May 8, 2009 at 4:14PM
tsmith2579(7B)

I remember you. Didn't you go out west? Welcome back! Can we count on you for the Fall swap? You just missed a great swap. - Terry

Bookmark   May 8, 2009 at 9:45PM
More Discussions
Did you know - GW now part of Houzz?
I guess word has gotten around by now, but I haven't...
outsideplaying_gw
Spring Swap 2015
Ken's message about veggies reminded me that we need...
browneyedsusan_gw
Merry Christmas!
Merry Christmas to all my fellow gardners.
jcalhoun
american ginseng
Just wondering if anyone else here messes with this...
notascrename
Update on Kenneth/madabouteu
Just wanted to let you know that Kenneth is in UAB...
catbird
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™