I'm baaaaaaaackkkkkkkkkkkk!!! ~Want some horsetail rush?

debbido4(7)May 17, 2014

Hey Guys,

Some of you will remember me...some won't!!! I've missed you guys!!! I have taken a long break from Garden Web because I was, well, super busy with my kids, homeschooling, running a school, blah, blah, blah... My oldest is now 21 and my youngest 15, so I have more time on my hands.

Long story short, we have moved to a large plot of land. We still have our old house with all of my plants (couldn't sell the house until I move the plants of course!). Anyway, we are currently clearing the new property so I can't move too much, but some things are getting way out of hand on the old property. I have a ton of horsetail rush that needs a new home. Any takers to come and dig? I have other plants that could definitely stand thinning, but the horsetail rush is the main goal. If I could get several people to come on the same day, that would be great. You can bring a trade or not. It is in Graysville.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
plantman71(7b/8a)

Welcome back and I don't need any horsetail yet. When they come to dig you can bring them to my place to dig.

Bookmark   May 17, 2014 at 6:56PM
ourhighlandhome

Hey Deb!

Glad you're back! I could use another invasive plant, and horsetail rush is on my list. I must be nuts.

I'll try to contact Tony in the next week or so and try to arrange a time to visit both you & him.

In the meantime take care, and I am so glad you are back on the forum.

Nelson

Bookmark   May 18, 2014 at 1:06AM
debbido4(7)

Hey Nelson, I have several people coming over on the 26th at 2:00 (Memorial Day). I can also go down on the 23rd around 2:00 p.m. If you can't do one of those days, Dad can take you over there without me.

Bookmark   May 18, 2014 at 11:56AM
browneyedsusan_gw(8a)

Deb,
Glad you're back!
Susan

Bookmark   May 19, 2014 at 5:05PM
elfs_garden(7a)

Is Horsetail good for a watery ditch? I have one that is just plain ugly and I want to fill it in with something.

Tony I would love to come dig in your yard too!! Lol

Bookmark   May 24, 2014 at 2:21PM
plantman71(7b/8a)

elfs-darden, Deb had one of the worst looking ditches around, it now is one of the prettiest. I mean when she has it under control. She has horsetail planted at the lower end that has gotten out of control or so she thinks.
I am having an inperson trade the next two weeks. I posted on my facebook page what I have to trade and what I want. Check it out. If you come to her horsetail trade, you can stop by my house. I think you know that Deb is my daughter and a good one.

Tony

Bookmark   May 24, 2014 at 2:39PM
elfs_garden(7a)

Nope,, I did not know she is your daughter. I would love to come up and visit . I need a link to your FB page...

Bookmark   May 24, 2014 at 2:42PM
plantman71(7b/8a)

elfs, Here is the link to my page.
www.facebook.com/tony.melcher.3
It is fine for anyone else to check out what I am trading.

Bookmark   May 24, 2014 at 6:28PM
debbido4(7)

You are certainly welcome to come on Monday. I have several folks coming at 2:00.

Bookmark   May 25, 2014 at 12:48AM
debbido4(7)

Hi Nelson & Others, Please confirm if you plan to visit tomorrow at 2:00. The address is:
1521 3rd St SE
Graysville, AL 35073

Bookmark   May 25, 2014 at 3:10PM
ourhighlandhome

Hi Deb,

Sorry - I found out earlier today I am expected at an impromptu family get-together tomorrow. I hope ya'll have fun and if I don't get to visit over the summer, hope to see you at the Fall plant swap.

Nelson

Bookmark   May 25, 2014 at 8:38PM
catbird(z7 AL)

Welcome back, Deb. And good luck on getting the horsetail under control! Someone planted it in a ditch in our Master Gardener demo garden years ago and now it tries to go everywhere!

Bookmark   June 19, 2014 at 5:54PM
More Discussions
Just logged in to say goodbye
The new site didn't recognize me as sundog7, but wouldn't...
gmwaid
trade list
where are profiles and trade lists ? wayne
mws366
Moving from Ohio to Alabama
We will be moving sometime this year to northern Alabama,...
ediej1209
Spring Swap 2015: food sign ups
Please sign up here to bring food to the May 16 spring...
browneyedsusan_gw
Veggies for Spring Swap
I am ordering seeds to grow vegetable starts for the...
madabouteu
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™