Good Place to Purchase Herb Plants

alisonfromalabama(Z7Montevallo,AL)May 3, 2006

Hello :). I am going to try planting some herb plants this year. I am especially interested in planting calendula and lavender. Could someone please recommend a nursery that carries these plants? I'm just a bit south of Birmingham and will be traveling to the Gulf this weekend so anything in Loxley, Robertsdale, Foley, Fairhope or between here and there will do. I'm also going to be looking for brugmansia and datura. Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks!

Alison

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jeff_al

stop by petals from the past nursery in jemison. it will be off the only jemison exit on interstate 65 going south.
after the exit, take a right onto the paved road and watch for a sign at the bottom of the hill. take that left (i think it is at a barbecue house) and go a couple of miles.
will be on the left going up a hill.
good nursery, friendly folks with a great selection of plants of all kinds.

Bookmark   May 4, 2006 at 3:22PM
tufaleaf

You can also stop at Davis' Nursery that will be on your left just on the southside of Robertsdale.

I actually got some great lavender plants at Lowe's in Foley a couple of years ago. Lowe's had 4-5 different varieties. I got one called cotton lavendar (not quite as hardy as some) but it smells just like fresh laundry coming off the clothes line.

Bookmark   May 5, 2006 at 5:10PM
alisonfromalabama(Z7Montevallo,AL)

Thanks for the tips :). I actually already visited Petals from The Past. Jason said he had angel trumpets in the field but not ready to bring in. I did stop by Davis Nursery, and I found about a 3 feet tool brugmansia with several blooms on it that will open soon for only $12.95! Wow! And I saw a cape honeysuckle that I just had to have. I can just picture the hummingbirds and butterflies around it now. It may not survive winter in Montevallo. It says it's only hardy to about 32 degrees, but maybe with really good protection, lots of much....or maybe I'll dig it up and bring it in for the winter. It was $15.95 for a huge 3 gallon pot and I'm sure that it will bring me $15.95 worth of pleasure, just this season, even it doesn't make it through the winter :).

Alison

Alison

Bookmark   May 7, 2006 at 8:26AM
More Discussions
New to Dothan AL
Hi We have just recently moved to the south from Illinois...
joycie52
Goodbye GardenWed Gardners...
Just logged in to say goodbye... This will be my first...
mrdoitall
anyone know muscadines?
Hi all: I bought two muscadines at a big box store...
MiKru
Veggies for Spring Swap
I am ordering seeds to grow vegetable starts for the...
madabouteu
Moving from Ohio to Alabama
We will be moving sometime this year to northern Alabama,...
ediej1209
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™