Yeeee Haaaaaa....rain, rain, rain.....:)

tweetypye(z8/sc AL)June 19, 2007

Hope you are all getting some of this beautiful wet stuff!!! I haven't seen it rain like this in months!!!!

Jan

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Carol Henry

I haven't either and I wish it would last for days.

Bookmark   June 19, 2007 at 2:18PM
bama35640(Z7A AL)

Gotten a little over 1/2 inch here today. About time! I had 175 ft of trenches dug Sunday so I could expand my sprinkler system and all that came out of the hole was dust. Brought the pond up about an inch or so only 30 more inches to go until it is full again.

Bob in Morgan County

Bookmark   June 19, 2007 at 2:29PM
alabamanicole(7b)

Working on about 1/2 here, too. Wish it were more, but at least it was nice and gentle and gave everything a nice soak and a break from the heat.

Bookmark   June 19, 2007 at 5:39PM
sundog7(7)

Counting last Thursday afternoon + last Friday afternoon + today's rain makes for 7/10 inch in less than a week! Still not the drought-buster we all need, but right now I'll take all the rain I can get. Keep praying, folks. It really works.

Bookmark   June 19, 2007 at 7:46PM
tweetypye(z8/sc AL)

We ended up with a whole inch in the gauge! The most I've seen in weeks. And it came in the form of several nice slow showers so everything got a good soaking. I'm so thankful for it, and I sure hope we all continue to get more as needed to reverse this awful drought.
Glad to hear more of you got some much needed moisture also.
Jan

Bookmark   June 19, 2007 at 9:56PM
mokey(7)

i was all giddy today because we got rain and now they've just annouced a water restriction in montgomery. i have an odd numbered addy so i can now only water on mondays, wednesdays and fridays.

Bookmark   June 19, 2007 at 10:06PM
jeff_al

0.2" last friday and 0.7" yesterday in historic downtown loachapoka (auburn area). i haven't mowed since sometime in april and oddly looking forward to that again!

Bookmark   June 20, 2007 at 10:07AM
lsmcw(7b-AL)

I'm delighted that you all got rain. In north Walker County I didn't even get ONE DROP!! I work in Bham and it poured - couldn't even see the building across the street. I could have cried when I got home. A branch on one of my Bottlebrush Buckeyes is already turning gold - everything is shutting down early. I'm about ready to bushhog the whole yard and spread gravel to keep the dust down! Linda

Bookmark   June 21, 2007 at 8:47AM
More Discussions
Veggies for Spring Swap
I am ordering seeds to grow vegetable starts for the...
madabouteu
AL has the best weeds (part II)
That thread was getting a bit long to load. Boy did...
alabamanicole
Did you know - GW now part of Houzz?
I guess word has gotten around by now, but I haven't...
outsideplaying_gw
anyone know muscadines?
Hi all: I bought two muscadines at a big box store...
MiKru
Update on Kenneth/madabouteu
Just wanted to let you know that Kenneth is in UAB...
catbird
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™