Horticultural Corn Meal

ljbrandt(8)July 25, 2009

Hi all,

I live in Montgomery, AL and have had a heck of a time finding horticultural corn meal in 50# bags ANYWHERE. I've tried all of the feed stores and grain mills and no-one carries it!! Reason I'm trying to find it is because I'm trying to start an organic lawn care program and I need to fight brown patch...if anyone here in Alabama knows of any place that carries this stuff, PLEASE PLEASE let me know...I'll drive up to 50 miles to get it!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7

Horticultural corn meal? I must say that I'm not familiar with that term.

I know that you can find whole ground corn meal in 25# bags in Sam's or Costco. I expect that ground corn meal is available at the feed centers and grain mills. They would use it to make many different kinds of animal feed.

Bookmark   July 27, 2009 at 11:50AM
ljbrandt(8)

The 25# bags at Sams and Costco are food grade and as such are more expensive. What I am looking for is a 50# bag from a feed store...however all the feed stores I've contacted don't seem to carry the corn 'meal', only the whole/cracked corn.

Bookmark   July 27, 2009 at 1:23PM
tsmith2579(7B)

It has been 40 years since I fed cattle but feed stores use to sell a whole corn product with crushed cobs and ground corn with some cracked corn in it. Would that be a good substitute?

Bookmark   July 27, 2009 at 11:57PM
royboy210

Has anyone used alfalfa pellets ( sold as horse feed ) as fertilizer to increase the size of roses or daylilies? If so, do you recommend it and did it cause any onpleasant odor?

Bookmark   August 2, 2009 at 7:51PM
More Discussions
Am I banned?
Twice lately I have posted a question and when checking...
topsiebeezelbub
Want long leaf pine
Does anyone know of a source for long leaf pine seeds...
josephene_gw
Spring Swap 2015: food sign ups
Please sign up here to bring food to the May 16 spring...
browneyedsusan_gw
Goodbye GardenWed Gardners...
Just logged in to say goodbye... This will be my first...
mrdoitall
Veggies for Spring Swap
I am ordering seeds to grow vegetable starts for the...
madabouteu
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™