Larry Brazil Has Passed Away

tsmith2579(7B)July 16, 2008

Larry Brazil

TREMONT, MS - Larry Scott Brazil, 77, died Sunday, July 13, 2008, at his home after a brief illness. He was born March 5, 1931, in Millport, Ala., to D.M. and Hettie Coleman Brazil. He was a 1949 graduate of Amory High School. He was a sergeant in the U.S. Army during the Korean War. He was the longtime president of the Amory Federal Savings and Loan Association. He was a member of the Mississippi Wildlife Federation, Rotary Club, National Wild Turkey Federation, Ducks Unlimited, and numerous hunting and fishing clubs. He was a Baptist.

Services will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at the E.E. Pickle Funeral Home Chapel in Amory with the Rev. Julian Fagan and the Rev. Tommy Mayhall officiating. Burial will be in the Masonic Cemetery in Amory.

Survivors include two sons, David Scott Brazil (Brenda) of Amory and Donald Coleman Brazil (Holly) of Madison; five grandchildren, Cole Brazil, Kathryn Brazil, Boone Brazil, Brooks Brazil and Allison Word; and a cousin, Kathleen Greene of Memphis.

He was preceded in death by his parents.

Pallbearers will be Robbie McCrory, Arlon Cox, Carlos Walls, Gregg Moore, Thad Cobb, Jamie Sellars, Buddy Mims and John Swartzendruber.

Honorary pallbearers will be Dick Millender, Arch Dalrymple, Max Larkin, Dr. Lewis George, Jackie Carpenter, James Cummins and John Clingan.

Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. today and until service time Wednesday.

Memorials may be made to the Mississippi Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks Foundation, P.O. Box 14194, Jackson, MS 39236.

Larry was a fine SOuthern gentleman and I will miss our friend.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pfllh(8Al)

So little time to say hello and much too soon to say goodbye.
Although I never met Larry person to person, we communicated by emails. I got to know him by supplying him with a bunch of green japanese maples to use for his grafting.
Larry was a generous, giving person, always seemingly thinking of others. I'll miss you, friend.
Lynn

Bookmark   July 17, 2008 at 1:53PM
More Discussions
Just logged in to say goodbye
The new site didn't recognize me as sundog7, but wouldn't...
gmwaid
Another update on madabouteu - by madabouteu
For those who might wonder - I am still doing OK. Legs...
madabouteu
Good custom fence company-Etowah/calhoun county
I have struggled with the decision of whether or not...
zelenkabach
Goodbye GardenWed Gardners...
Just logged in to say goodbye... This will be my first...
mrdoitall
Veggies for Spring Swap
I am ordering seeds to grow vegetable starts for the...
madabouteu
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™